Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Illegal Scrimmages

Featured Replies

Havent heard the usual buzz about illegal scrimmages at camps this year. But I am willing to say there have been some.

 

So?

Havent heard the usual buzz about illegal scrimmages at camps this year. But I am willing to say there have been some.

 

So?

 

I don't believe it was a violation, but Simon Kenton had a midnight practice on July 31/Aug. 1. Some of the posters here at BGP said it was in the rules they could do it. My only question is how were people tweeting about the plays at 11:48 p.m. that night being run? Are they allowed to be in pads on the field before midnight? Probably not an issue, but would be fun to find out if SK "let the horses out of the barn" a few minutes early.

I don't believe it was a violation, but Simon Kenton had a midnight practice on July 31/Aug. 1. Some of the posters here at BGP said it was in the rules they could do it. My only question is how were people tweeting about the plays at 11:48 p.m. that night being run? Are they allowed to be in pads on the field before midnight? Probably not an issue, but would be fun to find out if SK "let the horses out of the barn" a few minutes early.

 

Pads and hitting could not start until 12:01 August 1st. But there's nothing illegal about having a non contact, no pads practice before midnight.

I don't believe it was a violation, but Simon Kenton had a midnight practice on July 31/Aug. 1. Some of the posters here at BGP said it was in the rules they could do it. My only question is how were people tweeting about the plays at 11:48 p.m. that night being run? Are they allowed to be in pads on the field before midnight? Probably not an issue, but would be fun to find out if SK "let the horses out of the barn" a few minutes early.

 

Boys were on the field at 11:30 no pads or helmets warming up. At 11:45 they announced the team roster, at midnight they suited up and warmed up until about 12:25. They then scrimmaged until about 2:30. There was no one with equipment on before midnight. Why would you open the practice up to the public with players and coaches from other teams and college coaches there and do something illegal?

Did Taylor Co. go to camp this year? Lol. Just kidding....or am I? :)

Boys were on the field at 11:30 no pads or helmets warming up. At 11:45 they announced the team roster, at midnight they suited up and warmed up until about 12:25. They then scrimmaged until about 2:30. There was no one with equipment on before midnight. Why would you open the practice up to the public with players and coaches from other teams and college coaches there and do something illegal?

 

That explains it. I didn't think SK did anything wrong, but I just wanted to know. I wish Holmes would do something like this at midnight to generate some excitement. I applaud SK for doing something at midnight. Holmes could learn from this. Once again we don't have enough players out for the team grades 10-12. The Bulldogs need more numbers. Who knows, maybe a midnight opening practice would get some of the kids excited about playing football. SK is emerging as the new powerhouse in this region, kudos to them for the great idea.

Did Taylor Co. go to camp this year? Lol. Just kidding....or am I? :)

 

They wouldn't do the same thing 2 years in a row, after they got busted last year? Would they?

Was at the SK game, the game started well after midnight. Kudos to Marksberry for the great event. Lots of young kids are excited about playing for the Pioneers!

That explains it. I didn't think SK did anything wrong, but I just wanted to know. I wish Holmes would do something like this at midnight to generate some excitement. I applaud SK for doing something at midnight. Holmes could learn from this. Once again we don't have enough players out for the team grades 10-12. The Bulldogs need more numbers. Who knows, maybe a midnight opening practice would get some of the kids excited about playing football. SK is emerging as the new powerhouse in this region, kudos to them for the great idea.

 

Paging @lawildcat....where is your friend when you need him ? :idunno:

Boys were on the field at 11:30 no pads or helmets warming up. At 11:45 they announced the team roster, at midnight they suited up and warmed up until about 12:25. They then scrimmaged until about 2:30. There was no one with equipment on before midnight. Why would you open the practice up to the public with players and coaches from other teams and college coaches there and do something illegal?

 

This is the 2nd time I have seen where the mention of other teams coaches and players there to watch. For the life of me, how does a coach allow his players to be out after midnight to go and watch SK practice when you yourselves will be practicing early the next morning? Maybe it's just me. Seems crazy to me. And don't those coaches have something better to do than to be at SK after midnight watching another team practice. We talkin practice! I guess if I knew the teams and coaches, it may explain a lot.

 

Just sayin!

  • Author

Heard Boyle is at Camp Jabez by themselves.

This is the 2nd time I have seen where the mention of other teams coaches and players there to watch. For the life of me, how does a coach allow his players to be out after midnight to go and watch SK practice when you yourselves will be practicing early the next morning? Maybe it's just me. Seems crazy to me. And don't those coaches have something better to do than to be at SK after midnight watching another team practice. We talkin practice! I guess if I knew the teams and coaches, it may explain a lot.

 

Just sayin!

 

SK has been doing this for a few years. It's like the old UK midnight madness. SK community gets a charge out of it and I think the kids get up and excited for it, a celebration of football. SK has really done a good job selling their program.

Paging @lawildcat....where is your friend when you need him ? :idunno:

 

I do have 2 friends with a son playing football this year. Not sure what grade he's in but Go Brickhouse! Good luck to the Pioneers this season.

SK has been doing this for a few years. It's like the old UK midnight madness. SK community gets a charge out of it and I think the kids get up and excited for it, a celebration of football. SK has really done a good job selling their program.

 

Absolutely! I agree, great idea and a great sales job for the program. My question is why coaches and kids from other schools come watch. Maybe work on their own programs. But hey, to each their own!

Absolutely! I agree, great idea and a great sales job for the program. My question is why coaches and kids from other schools come watch. Maybe work on their own programs. But hey, to each their own!

 

Wonder if they were coaches and/or players from feeder schools? Don't really know why other schools would be there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.