Scheduling Grid

Watusi

From the new alignment section of the KHSAA website, they have adopted a scheduling grid that will determing in what weeks you will play which district opponent.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/schedulinggrid20072008.pdf

This will help ensure everone has district games in certain weeks and non district games in the off weeks.

Does anyone else think this is a great move that will help scheduling in a big way, especially in the first year of this new alignment.

I think they still have some things to settle with regards to starting dates, practice dates and season length. So the KHSAA needs to have their next meeting before letting everyone start with the scheduling.

The grid is good. With NOT playing district games week 10 and 11 you wont have to play the same team in the playoffs you just played the week before or 2 weeks before.

This year you will see some teams have to play 2 weeks in a row or twice in 3 weeks with in district playoffs.

The grid is good. With NOT playing district games week 10 and 11 you wont have to play the same team in the playoffs you just played the week before or 2 weeks before.

This year you will see some teams have to play 2 weeks in a row or twice in 3 weeks with in district playoffs.

That argument makes sense, but the flip side is this: I think some of the better teams are going to have more trouble finding games for weeks 10 and 11 than they would in August and September. Who's going to want to play Bowling Green or Trinity or Danville or Belfry the week before the playoffs?

That argument makes sense, but the flip side is this: I think some of the better teams are going to have more trouble finding games for weeks 10 and 11 than they would in August and September. Who's going to want to play Bowling Green or Trinity or Danville or Belfry the week before the playoffs?

I agree completely. I'd say alot of teams will end up having week 10 or 11 open instead of early or mid season. If a team feels it has a legit shot that may not be a bad idea.

Tennessee uses a similar format, with district games in alternating weeks.

Is this a requirement or a suggestion? I would leave it up to each team in the individual district to decide when they want to play their district games. The KHSAA is screwing up enough stuff already.

Exactly. Another reason these changes reek to high heaven.