Child Falls Into Gorilla Pit

Clyde

But we do know that in 39 years and millions of visitors this has never happened, so...

That doesn't mean much though. In 64 years of service only one person has died on Corning's property. It doesn't mean Corning wasn't at fault when that one incident happened.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the situation.

Agreed. And in this situation a 4 year old was able to make his way into the gorilla's area. Sure the parents should be watching their kid closer but a zoo should know better than having animals separated from something a 4 year old can infiltrate. I still can't understand how that is even possible.

3 things get in my crawl(so to speak)

1. Having to shop around entitlement people at the grocery, not only during the first of the month, but what seems like every week anymore

2. Stupid,neglectful parents

3. Ohio drivers in Kentucky

Have to deal with or see about all 3 on a daily basis.

Hopefully they wont raise the barricade or change things. Just like the idiots that sit down low at a baseball game and take a foul ball off the coconut because they're on their cell or not paying attention and they want to put a net around they whole field.

Famed animal zookeeper, television host and director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium defended the decision to put down the 450 pound gorilla named Harambe to protect the life of the 4-year-old boy who fell into the enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo.

"I’ve seen him take a green coconut, which you can’t bust open with a sledgehammer and squish it like this," Hanna told "Good Morning America" about Harambe, gesturing with his hand the ease with which gorillas can crush fruit. "You’re dealing with either human life or animal life here. So what is the decision? I think it’s very simple to figure that out."

"I can tell you now, that there's no doubt in my mind the child would not be here today if they hadn't made the decision," Hanna said.

Famed Animal Expert Jack Hanna Says Gorilla Would Have Killed Boy

So everyone that is knowledgeable and trained with Gorillas agrees with the decision. I think that tells you all you need to know about that part of it.

3 things get in my crawl(so to speak)

1. Having to shop around entitlement people at the grocery, not only during the first of the month, but what seems like every week anymore

2. Stupid,neglectful parents

3. Ohio drivers in Kentucky

Have to deal with or see about all 3 on a daily basis.

Hopefully they wont raise the barricade or change things. Just like the idiots that sit down low at a baseball game and take a foul ball off the coconut because they're on their cell or not paying attention and they want to put a net around they whole field.

Hey now, hey now!!! I have lived and worked on both sides of the river and cannot say that one state has better drivers than the other...both have its share of people you want to avoid on the roads...

^^^^^

That's not what everyone is upset with.

It's the stupid mom who can't watch her kid.

I've never been a parent but I also think a lot of people live in glass houses. Without knowing the specifics of how the kid got away.

He was born in Texas. Next.
Even better. You're taking an animal that for who knows how many wins has lived in the wild and put him in captivity. It's not natural and if you are worried about being fair to the animal you're way too late.