Child Falls Into Gorilla Pit

Clyde

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we truly feel sorry for animals we would not have zoos.

Not to disagree but I do like it when society steps in on an endangered species. (Yes I know mankind was probably the reason they are near extinction).

If we truly feel sorry for animals we would not have zoos.

I really wrestle with that Clyde. I agree with you, I think zoos are probably an ethical violation. At the same time, I love going to the Cincinnati Zoo.

Habitats at zoos need to be at least ten times the size they are now if we want to take a step in the right direction.

I really wrestle with that Clyde. I agree with you' date=' I think zoos are probably an ethical violation. At the same time, I love going to the Cincinnati Zoo. Habitats at zoos need to be at least ten times the size they are now if we want to take a step in the right direction.[/quote'] I like zoos. I don't like hypocrisy.

I also find it interesting that we cry about the innocent animal being killed yet we're cool with deer, Fish, rabbits, sharks, and alligators being killed for our entertainment.

Those sound like food when I hunt them? Never eaten an ape.

Those sound like food when I hunt them? Never eaten an ape.

I'm not against hunting. However, it's pure rationalization to be OK with one animal being killed but not another. The animals didn't do anything to deserve to be killed, right? The TAC family isn't going hungry if you don't bring home a deer , right? It's not a matter of TAC family survival. It's fun for you.

I must be the only parent on here who has turned my head for a few seconds only to turn back and say "Where's Jr?"

I think we need to slow our roll on saying we need to charge the parents.

If a mom left her 4-yr-old in the fenced back yard to go in to answer the phone and the kid climbed the fence and then was attacked by the pitbull in the next yard are we charging the mom? Are we OK with shooting the dog?

I'm not against hunting. However, it's pure rationalization to be OK with one animal being killed but not another. The animals didn't do anything to deserve to be killed, right? The TAC family isn't going hungry if you don't bring home a deer , right? It's not a matter of TAC family survival. It's fun for you.

By the same token, all of those previous tasty species you listed are also hearty when it comes to reproduction. In other words, to quote "Pulp Fiction," it's no one who will be missed.

I must be the only parent on here who has turned my head for a few seconds only to turn back and say "Where's Jr?"

If a mom left her 4-yr-old in the fenced back yard to go in to answer the phone and the kid climbed the fence and then was attacked by the pitbull in the next yard are we charging the mom? Are we OK with shooting the dog?

You keep doing hard hitting interviews like that and I am going to start calling you Clyde Gray.

Are we to assume you are a vegetarian and you wear vinyl shoes? Those cows didn't do anything to you? Or do you rationalize it since they are raised to be eaten?

Kid climbs the fence and someone sees the potentially vicious dog go after the kid and shoots the dog to save the kid from harm. I find fault in the mom, not the 3rd party who shot the dog. Mom needs to pay for the dog. I think the family needs to pay for the gorilla in this zoo situation. The zoo getting sued is ridiculous. But I'm sure it will happen.