39th District Hosting

Where do you prefer the 39th district?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you prefer the 39th district?

• The Igloo (Bracken)
    • The Fieldhouse (Mason)

I totally agree. Myself and many included can obviously put up with some of the headaches associated with attending a packed game at Bracken. But you know, it's all fun and games until you have a section of bleachers collapse. I think it gets to a point where it's kind of irresponsible to have that many people in such a small gym.

I'm sure many remember the Augusta/Mason game at Bracken a couple years back. May have been an Augusta/Bracken game, I can't recall for sure. Anyhow, there were people piled on top of one another in the walking isles of the bleachers. That's a little much in my opinion. I expect something similar Thursday night.

Yeah I was there for that game. It was definitely not one of the better District experiences. That was one where the gym/school was not equipped to hold the event. Last night was much better.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was there for that game. It was definitely not one of the better District experiences. That was one where the gym/school was not equipped to hold the event. Last night was much better.
This is probably true. You have two state ranked teams in the first round of district. Pendleton who went on to win region (Coached by none other than Buddy Biggs)

Obviously, Mason County should never have to play a road game.

In all seriousness, alternate it just the way they do it now. But, stop with the boy/girl doubleheaders. Go Monday/Wednesday/Friday for the boys, and a Tuesday DH and Thursday final for the girls. Or Mon/Tues/Thurs boys and Wed/Fri for the girls.

I agree with this.

But you know, it's all fun and games until you have a section of bleachers collapse. I think it gets to a point where it's kind of irresponsible to have that many people in such a small gym.

I don't think that's very likely for a gym that's not even twenty years old.

Say what you will but crazier things happen everyday.

Edit: of course by your username I can only assume that you have no problem with the seating because you want the games to be held at Bracken. Only Bracken people can find a way to justify holding Districts there. There are a few who fuss that playing every year at The Fieldhouse gives Mason a home court advantage. Well that philosophy didn't work too well for Bracken last night now did it?

Apparently logistics and a little common sense are lost in these threads sometimes.

1st bolded- seating was not the issue, it was parking

2nd bolded- The home court seemed to give us a small advantage but it's not that big of a deal

I like the intensity of a raucous full house. But with the logistical issues (primarily parking for me), I only go to the occasional regular-season game at the Igloo.

Nice gym, always friends there. but I won't fight the cars.

Parking for the Bracken/Pendleton game earlier this season was atrocious...gym maybe 70% full. Thursday with fans from 3 schools coming it will be a messy situation.

I was at the game last night and thought it was a great environment other than a select few in the mason pep section who should have been tossed for some of their actions or choice words at the players. I mean come on its high school. As far as hosting I think it should be done @ a neutral site because the fieldhouse does give mason an advantage.

I was at the game last night and thought it was a great environment other than a select few in the mason pep section who should have been tossed for some of their actions or choice words at the players. I mean come on its high school. As far as hosting I think it should be done @ a neutral site because the fieldhouse does give mason an advantage.

Kinda tough to hold a district game at a neutral site.

It's @ the middle school but yes that prolly gives them a slight advantage. I agree the Fieldhouse is more accommodating when it comes to space but when it's a big game the parking is still pretty bad but better than most places. And it's centrally located. I mean Campbell co has one long trip to Montgomery Co this year. However it still gives mason a competitive advantage to get to play @ home.