39th District Hosting

Where do you prefer the 39th district?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you prefer the 39th district?

• The Igloo (Bracken)
    • The Fieldhouse (Mason)

Many people are complaining of Bracken County hosting district because they think they gym is too small and don't like the parking. They would rather have The Fieldhouse host it every year. What do you think?

IMO (homer) it's better at Bracken because the gym is smaller and creates a much better atmosphere.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn between this one, I like the packed house the igloo offers, but yes parking is a nightmare and the concessions are not the best, no restaurants in brooksville to grab a snandwitch before the game, for the people and families rushing to the games after work, and I do agree with it having a effect on the attendance.

I'll give Bracken a lot of credit. We were there early and got to park close to the school. The gym was packed but there were some seats available if people wanted to search them out. The concession food was good. I had a pork tenderloin sandwich and nachos later. :up:

My only improvement (not really a complaint) I would have liked to have seen the doors open before 5:30 (maybe 5) so people wouldn't have to stand outside in the cold as long.

If you get there early it's great. Seeing all the cars and people packed into the gym with the police lights everywhere is just a cool experience. The atmosphere is great for district. Mason County is more suited for region every year. Bracken does the best with what they got and have done a great job so far with All A and District. Can't wait to see that place when someone wins a car

Great atmosphere, but as previously pointed out, terrible parking and concessions for big crouds. "A" for effort though.

Have noticed this all year at multiple games, why is host not prepared with big towels to wipe up the floor when needed? Referees are scrounging small hand towels from whichever team might have something creating long delays and momentum killers. Small thing, but come on host AD?

I get the atmosphere is better at the igloo, but IMO if your gym isn't big enough to support EVERYONE who shows up, then you don't need to host a district or regionals tournament, especially when you have a gym the size of the fieldhouse just down the road.

Wasn't an issue supporting everyone that showed up. Didn't hear of any fans being turned away at the door. Gym was and has been plenty big enough since we have been hosting the district. Only time I can recall there ever coming close to a seating issue was back in 2005 Pendleton/Brossart district first round game. Almost had to lock the doors for that game.......almost!

Parking isn't the greatest I wont argue that, but the school has a plan in place to accommodate everyone with the shuttle busses. We do that for graduation as well so its not just when we host district. All in all its a great place for a district tournament and I'm sure the majority will agree. There will always be a few people that complain about it but you cant make everyone happy their will always be people looking for things to complain about.

I have the same view on this as I do for the Regional tournament: hold it wherever you make the most money and my assumption would be that's where most people want it. School funding is very, very tight so I'm sure all schools would appreciate this basis for determining the venue. I say this without knowing the answer to the district question so before you go there, don't. The region is a settled issue in my mind as the numbers speak for themselves, the Fieldhouse outperforms any other venue 2:1