39th District Hosting

Where do you prefer the 39th district?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you prefer the 39th district?

• The Igloo (Bracken)
    • The Fieldhouse (Mason)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can only tell you that I would have loved to have seen that game last night but did not go because I anticipated what has been described. I instead enjoyed Danny Weddle's call of the game. Would I have driven another 20-25 minutes to Maysville? Absolutely!

Same here.

I thought Bracken County did an excellent job hosting district. There was a good game every night. Even though I had to ride a shuttle bus for the finals it was worth it. The atmosphere from the gym carried over to the shuttle bus with fans of both schools showing there emotions.

Monday night we saw a less powerful game between Augusta and Saint Pat girls, but were still left with a good game and effort by both schools. The boys game we saw the up-rise of Saint Pat basketball program try to get in the way of the Panthers and was not disappointed.

Tuesday night we saw a near upset of high ranked in the state Mason County girls as Bracken County on their home floor proved a hostile environment to come out with a win. The boys saw Hinson attempt to take down the Royals the 3rd time but came short and Bracken went home empty handed and looking to next year.

The Finals: There was St. Pat/Mason. The the real show of a guy going insane, impersonating Ric Flair and entertaining the entire crowd as he won a new car. Getting the Fieldhouse Krazies to lead the crowd in a "that was awesome" chant.

And then, The shot heard round Brooksville. I saw one of most iconic pictures ever. Tanner Pugh releasing the ball with scoreboard reading 61-61 with 0.9 seconds to go. The video made national TV on ESPN and went viral!

In summary this magical night doeskin happen at the Fieldhouse. Bracken is more fit for district, the Fieldhouse for region.

And for the money issue, Bracken County raised the price from 5 to 6 dollars. But the atmosphere was priceless.

If you play that game in the Fieldhouse it is just not the same.

Can only tell you that I would have loved to have seen that game last night but did not go because I anticipated what has been described. I instead enjoyed Danny Weddle's call of the game. Would I have driven another 20-25 minutes to Maysville? Absolutely!

Same here.

yall are missing out.. If I didn't have prior commitments I would have been there. A great game is a great game, If ppl want to see it bad enough they will go wherever its played. I have seen several tweets and facebook post today that were talking about the atmosphere and how they have never experienced anything like it.

Don't get me wrong I love the Fieldhouse and would want the region there every year, but the district is just fine at Bracken every other year. They do it right and put forth an excellent product. :thumb:

yall are missing out.. If I didn't have prior commitments I would have been there. A great game is a great game, If ppl want to see it bad enough they will go wherever its played. I have seen several tweets and facebook post today that were talking about the atmosphere and how they have never experienced anything like it.

Don't get me wrong I love the Fieldhouse and would want the region there every year, but the district is just fine at Bracken every other year. They do it right and put forth an excellent product. :thumb:

You may be right but we are a couple of old guys. Add25-30 years to your age and see how you view the situation. By the way, if my Wildcats had been playing in that scenario, I would have been there. Bc has a nice facility and I did not intend to imply otherwise. Hope to have many more seasons to enjoy basketball there!

You may be right but we are a couple of old guys. Add25-30 years to your age and see how you view the situation. By the way' date=' if my Wildcats had been playing in that scenario, I would have been there. Bc has a nice facility and I did not intend to imply otherwise. Hope to have many more seasons to enjoy basketball there![/quote']

Ive not had the pleasure of meeting you as of yet or if I have I cant remember. But I know @mcpapa is old he told me first hand stories about war.....the Persian War.

Its all good I just get tired of ppl complaining about the district rotation. You only hear about it in the 39th district though. Not so much in the other districts in region 10

Ive not had the pleasure of meeting you as of yet or if I have I cant remember. But I know @mcpapa is old he told me first hand stories about war.....the Persian War.

Its all good I just get tired of ppl complaining about the district rotation. You only hear about it in the 39th district though. Not so much in the other districts in region 10

The only reasonable solution has to be to have it at the Fieldhouse every year, let them hand pick the officials and the foul count to their liking and then all will be well. Problem solved.

:lol2:

The only reasonable solution has to be to have it at the Fieldhouse every year, let them hand pick the officials and the foul count to their liking and then all will be well. Problem solved.

Who is "them"?

I believe Randy Parker introduced us at the Murph Classic. Or maybe that was a polar bear of another variety.:idunno: Told you I was old!

Actually...Don't think we can find any officials to our liking. We'll just call the game ourselves so that we can call it like it should be called! :D