What schools are looking at Nick Petrino as a DI QB?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any rule at U of L about siblings of university employees getting tuition paid for? This would make the most sense to me. I would think Nick Petrino would have aspirations of being a coach like his father, grandfather, uncle, etc. and what better place would there be than U of L and his father to learn the finer points of the game.

I would personally think his size (height) is a huge deterrent to competing at the Division I level, but he could play, contribute in some way, and learn from his near offensive genius father at U of L.

Any rule at U of L about siblings of university employees getting tuition paid for? This would make the most sense to me. I would think Nick Petrino would have aspirations of being a coach like his father, grandfather, uncle, etc. and what better place would there be than U of L and his father to learn the finer points of the game.

I would personally think his size (height) is a huge deterrent to competing at the Division I level, but he could play, contribute in some way, and learn from his near offensive genius father at U of L.

Uhm I might be wrong but didn't Louisville hire Brohm's brother before his choice was made? Oustanding move by Jurich (I wish he was at UK)!

I certainly do not think he is Division I at any other school besides U of L (since his father can/would make that decision) or another Division I school his father sets him up at because of a connection.

The situation comparable to this one that comes to mind his Brian Schottenheimer who was on the squad when Steve Spurrier was at Florida. He was learning the game from one of college football's masterminds and not playing much at all. I sure his father had something to do with his decision to go to Florida and sacrifice playing time for tutoring and knowledge from one of the best. Paid off in Brian's case. He is now the offensive coordinator with the New York Jets.

I see a similar situation with Nick Petrino if in fact he aspires to be a coach someday.

If the kid has a dream to play D1 football we should allow him to follow his dream. Size is a factor in colleges choosing a player but wonder how many told Derek Abney he was to small. This kid is from a football family so it is in his blood. If the coaches from Louisville feel he can't contribute in some way I am sure they will let him know up front. He definately has some talent and who knows, he may grow to fit everyone's expectations(size) in a couple of years. I hope he has a super year and goes on to make his dreams come true if it his will to do so. Let's support him and all other kids who have a dream. Positive attitudes get positive results.Remember that along with athletics comes a college degree and that is what really is important. Good luck Nick & have a great year.:thumb:

What does this have to do with Nick? Does he have a brother or sister working for UofL?

What does this have to do with Nick? Does he have a brother or sister working for UofL?

No brothers or sisters working for Lousville but someone just a little bit closer. Do you know who the Head Coach is? Find the answere and you have the reason the question was asked.

Whether or not he gets the opportunity to play at the D1 level, he will get an opportunity to play somewhere. Small college or not, getting to play college football is still a privilege and I would hope that ANY kid who has the desire to do so, gets that opportunity.

No brothers or sisters working for Lousville but someone just a little bit closer. Do you know who the Head Coach is? Find the answere and you have the reason the question was asked.

No kidding, Bobby is his dad? (that was meant saracasticly)

I know who his dad is but last time I checked your dad isn't your sibling. I understand why he posted the question and I meant my response in a joking way but I guess it doesn't always translate that way through type.

Whether or not he gets the opportunity to play at the D1 level, he will get an opportunity to play somewhere. Small college or not, getting to play college football is still a privilege and I would hope that ANY kid who has the desire to do so, gets that opportunity.

Very well said Mountain Thunder!! Any kid that has the desire and has done the work it takes to go the next level (no matter what level) deserves the support and encouragement from all fans.