What schools are looking at Nick Petrino as a DI QB?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding, Bobby is his dad? (that was meant saracasticly)

I know who his dad is but last time I checked your dad isn't your sibling. I understand why he posted the question and I meant my response in a joking way but I guess it doesn't always translate that way through type.

My mistake woodsrider, I should have read it a little closer and for that I apologize.:thumb: You are right though, things are not always read as typed.

The kid is good, but come on...D1? Take him for what he is, an excellent HIGH SCHOOL QB who would make a perfect fit at a place like Centre.

I was thinking more of Georgetown, or at least until Centre finds out what the forward pass is.

Im thinking Doug Flutie like. You know, coaches son which has all the intangbles and all the inside knowledge to be the coach on the field. UK could use him..... I know that wont happen, however, He has U of L written all over him, he will give Cantwell a run for the No. 2 position next year.

Im thinking Doug Flutie like. You know, coaches son which has all the intangbles and all the inside knowledge to be the coach on the field. UK could use him..... I know that wont happen, however, He has U of L written all over him, he will give Cantwell a run for the No. 2 position next year.
I'm a big Nick Petrino fan, but comments like this just set the kid up for failure. Like others have said, enjoy him for what he is.

For the record, he can indeed attend U of L for free without burning a scholarship. However, considering the dough his dad is making now, I don't think his college tuition will factor into the decision.

I hope he makes the best decision for him.

I'm a big Nick Petrino fan, but comments like this just set the kid up for failure. Like others have said, enjoy him for what he is.

For the record, he can indeed attend U of L for free without burning a scholarship. However, considering the dough his dad is making now, I don't think his college tuition will factor into the decision.

I hope he makes the best decision for him.

As long as he gets the chance to play somewhere if it is his will to do so it doesn't matter at what level. I would say he will coach sometime in his lifetime.

Whether or not he gets the opportunity to play at the D1 level, he will get an opportunity to play somewhere. Small college or not, getting to play college football is still a privilege and I would hope that ANY kid who has the desire to do so, gets that opportunity.

Great post MT and so true.:thumb: :thumb:

Whether or not he gets the opportunity to play at the D1 level, he will get an opportunity to play somewhere. Small college or not, getting to play college football is still a privilege and I would hope that ANY kid who has the desire to do so, gets that opportunity.

Totally agree MT. I wish Nick the best in all choices he must make for his future.

First of all he is smaller than Flutie and there is no way his dad would let him play for UL. Too much of a distraction and conflict of interest. I would bet he just wants to be a regular college guy and has no interest in playing at the next level.

Id take him at UK in a heartbeat cause its impossible he can be any worse than some of the QBs we have now. Id much rather have a smart QB with a little bit of athletic ability than a QB with great physical tools and not the faintest clue how to use them.