Off Duty LMPD officers turned away at the Palace Theater because...

All Tell

I believe Government buildings, bars or other establishments where alcohol consumption is the primary revenue source and establishments that specifically and distinctly prohibit guns are the only locations where you are unable to carry with a conceal carry permit.

I'm sure someone on here can give a more thorough response, but this was just my initial understanding.

I always forget bars because I haven't frequented them sense just about the time I was legally allowed to. Bars are also a negative. If you have to ask yourself "should I bring my gun?", because you're not sure of policies for that business or laws in that area chances are you shouldn't. If you don't like going to said places without a gun, then chances are you shouldn't go there.... Not a poke at any questions being asked but it's truly a good rule of thumb whether you're a police officer or a regular joe with a permit to carry concealed.

The only time I go somewhere that you have to be wanded or go through a pat down is when we have a gig somewhere... Even then, we always go in through the back or have artist passes so it doesn't matter, we don't get checked.

I would agree with the post office thing, no way I'd take it off for that.

Not sure what your gig is but after the eagles of death gig got shot up, sneaking one in the guitar case might not be a bad idea.

Bars just went way up on the soft target list.

Not sure what your gig is but after the eagles of death gig got shot up, sneaking one in the guitar case might not be a bad idea.

Bars just went way up on the soft target list.

I am a DJ.

I have enough equipment that I could easily sneak something into any place we play.

I always forget bars because I haven't frequented them sense just about the time I was legally allowed to. Bars are also a negative. If you have to ask yourself "should I bring my gun?", because you're not sure of policies for that business or laws in that area chances are you shouldn't. If you don't like going to said places without a gun, then chances are you shouldn't go there.... Not a poke at any questions being asked but it's truly a good rule of thumb whether you're a police officer or a regular joe with a permit to carry concealed.

So is the bar area of a restaurant considered a bar or a restaurant. For example, if you go to O'Charley's or Fridays, the main portion of the building is a restaurant but each have a bar area where the main source of revenue is alcohol. Is the whole building off limits for conceal carry or just the bar area?

So is the bar area of a restaurant considered a bar or a restaurant. For example, if you go to O'Charley's or Fridays, the main portion of the building is a restaurant but each have a bar area where the main source of revenue is alcohol. Is the whole building off limits for conceal carry or just the bar area?

I believe it has to be defined as the business's primary source of income is alcohol sales. O'Charles or Friday's wouldn't be considered a bar. However a lot of those places have signs banning firearms. Signs I've never really paid much attention to.