Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Off Duty LMPD officers turned away at the Palace Theater because...

Featured Replies

I believe Government buildings, bars or other establishments where alcohol consumption is the primary revenue source and establishments that specifically and distinctly prohibit guns are the only locations where you are unable to carry with a conceal carry permit.

 

I'm sure someone on here can give a more thorough response, but this was just my initial understanding.

 

I always forget bars because I haven't frequented them sense just about the time I was legally allowed to. Bars are also a negative. If you have to ask yourself "should I bring my gun?", because you're not sure of policies for that business or laws in that area chances are you shouldn't. If you don't like going to said places without a gun, then chances are you shouldn't go there.... Not a poke at any questions being asked but it's truly a good rule of thumb whether you're a police officer or a regular joe with a permit to carry concealed.

The only time I go somewhere that you have to be wanded or go through a pat down is when we have a gig somewhere... Even then, we always go in through the back or have artist passes so it doesn't matter, we don't get checked.

 

I would agree with the post office thing, no way I'd take it off for that.

 

Not sure what your gig is but after the eagles of death gig got shot up, sneaking one in the guitar case might not be a bad idea.

 

Bars just went way up on the soft target list.

Think, schools, government buildings or high travel buildings. Do that and you'll avoid a lot of awkward situations. Reading up on the law helps. KSP's CCDW section has a lot of good info on it.

 

Thanks!

Not sure what your gig is but after the eagles of death gig got shot up, sneaking one in the guitar case might not be a bad idea.

 

Bars just went way up on the soft target list.

 

I am a DJ.

 

I have enough equipment that I could easily sneak something into any place we play.

I went to sign my son out a couple of weeks ago from school, walked right in with my .45 on my side, never even thought twice about it. Huge brain fart.

I went to sign my son out a couple of weeks ago from school, walked right in with my .45 on my side, never even thought twice about it. Huge brain fart.

 

I'm guessing no one noticed? Lol

I'm guessing no one noticed? Lol

Thankfully.:ohbrother:

No macho cops or guns are needed, the no guns allowed sign has the place on lock.

I assume sporting events as well, correct?

 

 

Depends on the event. Kind of a broad spectrum.

I assume sporting events as well, correct?

 

There is a quite big controversy with the NFL policy concerning this, the NFL says any off duty officer is not allowed to have their weapon.

 

If they are not drinking? I see that this is a ridiculous rule.

I always forget bars because I haven't frequented them sense just about the time I was legally allowed to. Bars are also a negative. If you have to ask yourself "should I bring my gun?", because you're not sure of policies for that business or laws in that area chances are you shouldn't. If you don't like going to said places without a gun, then chances are you shouldn't go there.... Not a poke at any questions being asked but it's truly a good rule of thumb whether you're a police officer or a regular joe with a permit to carry concealed.

 

So is the bar area of a restaurant considered a bar or a restaurant. For example, if you go to O'Charley's or Fridays, the main portion of the building is a restaurant but each have a bar area where the main source of revenue is alcohol. Is the whole building off limits for conceal carry or just the bar area?

So is the bar area of a restaurant considered a bar or a restaurant. For example, if you go to O'Charley's or Fridays, the main portion of the building is a restaurant but each have a bar area where the main source of revenue is alcohol. Is the whole building off limits for conceal carry or just the bar area?

 

I believe it has to be defined as the business's primary source of income is alcohol sales. O'Charles or Friday's wouldn't be considered a bar. However a lot of those places have signs banning firearms. Signs I've never really paid much attention to.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.