Off Duty LMPD officers turned away at the Palace Theater because...

All Tell

Silly mistake on a part of the Palace (or whoever does security for the Palace).

Brings up a question I've always had... If you are licensed to carry, when and where do you have to pay attention to the restrictions about carrying weapons. Schools seem like an obvious no to me. Where else?

That is interesting. I assume they have, or have always had a "no gun" policy, but these officers couldn't be the first to attempt entry. Had to be a recent managerial decision following Paris.

From other news sources I've heard that this is a policy of Live Nation (who also runs the Yum! Center, but Yum! allows off duty officers to carry).

After Paris I understand enhanced security, had the police officers not identified themselves I see them being turned away. These guys had their credentials and were turned away.

I've always supported a private business's right to operate as they see fit and I respect the Palace's right to do this but if they don't come out with a statement that the employee misinterpreted their policy regarding OD police I'll think long and hard about going to another event at the Palace.

Silly mistake on a part of the Palace (or whoever does security for the Palace).

Brings up a question I've always had... If you are licensed to carry, when and where do you have to pay attention to the restrictions about carrying weapons. Schools seem like an obvious no to me. Where else?

I believe Government buildings, bars or other establishments where alcohol consumption is the primary revenue source and establishments that specifically and distinctly prohibit guns are the only locations where you are unable to carry with a conceal carry permit.

I'm sure someone on here can give a more thorough response, but this was just my initial understanding.

I believe Government buildings, bars or other establishments where alcohol consumption is the primary revenue source and establishments that specifically and distinctly prohibit guns are the only locations where you are unable to carry with a conceal carry permit.

I'm sure someone on here can give a more thorough response, but this was just my initial understanding.

I have a friend in Houston who tells me they can carry everywhere but federal gov't buildings and banks. Not sure if that's true, but sounds like Texas anyway.

From other news sources I've heard that this is a policy of Live Nation (who also runs the Yum! Center, but Yum! allows off duty officers to carry).

After Paris I understand enhanced security, had the police officers not identified themselves I see them being turned away. These guys had their credentials and were turned away.

I've always supported a private business's right to operate as they see fit and I respect the Palace's right to do this but if they don't come out with a statement that the employee misinterpreted their policy regarding OD police I'll think long and hard about going to another event at the Palace.

So I wonder if they also don't allow on duty police in the building armed? In my mind there is no difference. Cops to some degree are always on duty. After CO. I would think a theater, or any business for that matter, would welcome free armed and trained "security".

-Police station or sheriff's office

-Detention facility, prison or jail

-Courthouse soley occupied by Court of Justice or court proceeding

meeting of governing body of county, municipality, special district or General Assembly or committee of General Assembly except for those who are part of that government body

-Any portion of an establishment licensed to serve alcohol on the premises which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.

-Any elementary or secondary school facility without consent of School Authorities as provided in KSR 527.070

-any child care facility, day care facility or certified family child-care home with exception to the owner of a child care home.

- Any area of an airport where access is controlled by inspection of persons or property

- Any place prbobited by federal law.

-Police station or sheriff's office

-Detention facility, prison or jail

-Courthouse soley occupied by Court of Justice or court proceeding

meeting of governing body of county, municipality, special district or General Assembly or committee of General Assembly except for those who are part of that government body

-Any portion of an establishment licensed to serve alcohol on the premises which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.

-Any elementary or secondary school facility without consent of School Authorities as provided in KSR 527.070

-any child care facility, day care facility or certified family child-care home with exception to the owner of a child care home.

- Any area of an airport where access is controlled by inspection of persons or property

- Any place prbobited by federal law.

Thanks. I need to print that out. :lol2:

Thanks. I need to print that out. :lol2:

Some on here would say the only places are those that pat you down or wand you, lol.

I won't lie, if I am dropping of a package at the post office, I am not going to lock my gun in my car safe for all 20 seconds I will be in there.

Some on here would say the only places are those that pat you down or wand you, lol.

I won't lie, if I am dropping of a package at the post office, I am not going to lock my gun in my car safe for all 20 seconds I will be in there.

The only time I go somewhere that you have to be wanded or go through a pat down is when we have a gig somewhere... Even then, we always go in through the back or have artist passes so it doesn't matter, we don't get checked.

I would agree with the post office thing, no way I'd take it off for that.

Think, schools, government buildings or high travel buildings. Do that and you'll avoid a lot of awkward situations. Reading up on the law helps. KSP's CCDW section has a lot of good info on it.