Stanford 38 Notre Dame 36

D-Rob

Crazy final half minute. ND QB scores; looked like he was down at the 1. Ruling upheld. If it hadn't been upheld, Stanford may not have had enough time to mount the winning drive.

Cardinal gets the ball on their own 27 on the return. Irish get flagged for a face mask. Stanford QB hits the tight end down the middle (color man pretty much called it before the play) to set up the winning FG with a few ticks left.

Classic game and I'm tickled with the outcome.

Crazy final half minute. ND QB scores; looked like he was down at the 1. Ruling upheld. If it hadn't been upheld, Stanford may not have had enough time to mount the winning drive.

I thought they would rule him just short after the review, but the call stood. As you said, if they'd reversed it, Stanford likely gets the loss.

Cardinal gets the ball on their own 27 on the return. Irish get flagged for a face mask. Stanford QB hits the tight end down the middle (color man pretty much called it before the play) to set up the winning FG with a few ticks left.

Classic game and I'm tickled with the outcome.

Law of Gus Johnson. As an Irish Fan I knew 30 seconds was too many with him on the mic.

ND loses 2 games by a combined 4 points....

The other one being at Clemson. I agree with those who've said how entertaining a game it was. Tough luck of the Irish. Their 3rd string RB was impressive. Happy for Stanford and Coach Shaw. They've had their share of tough luck this season, too.

This year has to be Brian Kelly's best year as far as coaching. ND has been decimated by injuries and the two loses are by 2 teams in the top ten on the road. Would have been a huge win at Stanford, but give the Cardinal credit coming back with a field goal in the last 30 seconds to win. I would think the Irish will be in a big six bowl.