Comparing Highlands and CovCath in 2006

jbwill2

What kind of defense does highlands run? I remember seeing them on film at one point in time hopping and swicthing around, then on snap, blitzing. Didn't really seem to have a formation. It must have been confusing.

BTW, I think the cannon goes BOOM in this matchup. Depth and good talent will overcome Great talent and not having the same quality of backups

3-5

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You told him all of the other kids probably received the same letter and didn't even bother to look at the name? Hmmm, I'm not buying it. ;)

I'd guess Guidugli.

Sorry, don't follow you. He had thrown it away before I got home. Since he's nowhere near a top player I assumed if he got one, everyone did. I must be missing something here.

Getting back to the thread topic.......I think it will be a great game on both sides. HHS has a solid Defense with very quick DB's and strong LB corp. They will need to rush the passer in Bleser to take them out of their air game. Sutton and Bovard will be tough to stop.

On offense HHS will need to establish the run and throw when needed. I sure hope the lineman can sustain their blocks for atleast 3 seconds....Kramer will be lightning hitting the holes....

Getting back to the thread topic.......I think it will be a great game on both sides. HHS has a solid Defense with very quick DB's and strong LB corp. They will need to rush the passer in Bleser to take them out of their air game. Sutton and Bovard will be tough to stop.

On offense HHS will need to establish the run and throw when needed. I sure hope the lineman can sustain their blocks for atleast 3 seconds....Kramer will be lightning hitting the holes....

Some of the posts concerning HHS performance in the 7-7 games has me wondering about their DBs. Who will they be? Head and Bathiany are 2 I can think of right away. Who am I missing. As far as the O I am less concerned. With the plethora of RBs and an experienced line they should be able to control the line of scrimmage and run clock if need be. I don't think Kramers gonna need 3 seconds to hit the hole.:thumb:

The birds played mostly sophmores and juniors last year. Needless to say they have a ton coming back. The freshman team went undefeated again and had some pretty impressive athletes as well. I personally think they will be better than they were last year. GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!

I agree! As far as being better, I think that will be determined by how well the Birds compete against the big boys, and a deeper run into the playoffs. Hopefully a title.:ylsuper:

Some of the posts concerning HHS performance in the 7-7 games has me wondering about their DBs. Who will they be? Head and Bathiany are 2 I can think of right away. Who am I missing. As far as the O I am less concerned. With the plethora of RBs and an experienced line they should be able to control the line of scrimmage and run clock if need be. I don't think Kramers gonna need 3 seconds to hit the hole.:thumb:

What about McGraw at Safety.... he is a big kid that can Rove the middle and deliver some mighty blows. I witnessed him scrape from hash mark to far sideline last year in a game and just crush a ballcarrier. I was like, who was that and immediately looked in the program. I think it was late in a game, mop up situation. So, wouldnt you think Head and Bathiany at corners and McGraw at Safety????

You are right...Jordan probably only needs a second of sustained blocking.....reminds me of Brad Hissong at Bellevue in early 90's...he hit the hole so fast once he got past the D-line he was either slashing inside or outside for 8 yrd chunks at ease. I just wonder if Dale is going to go more vertical with the running game this year as opposed to the misdirection/horizontal style they seem to use.

What about McGraw at Safety.... he is a big kid that can Rove the middle and deliver some mighty blows. I witnessed him scrape from hash mark to far sideline last year in a game and just crush a ballcarrier. I was like, who was that and immediately looked in the program. I think it was late in a game, mop up situation. So, wouldnt you think Head and Bathiany at corners and McGraw at Safety????

You are right...Jordan probably only needs a second of sustained blocking.....reminds me of Brad Hissong at Bellevue in early 90's...he hit the hole so fast once he got past the D-line he was either slashing inside or outside for 8 yrd chunks at ease. I just wonder if Dale is going to go more vertical with the running game this year as opposed to the misdirection/horizontal style they seem to use.

I hate to be the one to break bad news but McGraw is out of football due to a serious spine problem. He had surgery in the spring. This is quite a loss but very glad that he is fixing the problem and not risking further serious injury.

I think Covington Catholic gets them this year. The second year of a new system always reaps benefits.

I believe in the 2nd year in the system theory. All last years sophs and Jrs that started, or at least played meaningful minutes for HHS last year will be improved immensley. Remember there was a large contingent of underclassmen playing for the Birds last year on that beautiful Sat. afternoon in Park Hills:dancingpa

I hate to be the one to break bad news but McGraw is out of football due to a serious spine problem. He had surgery in the spring. This is quite a loss but very glad that he is fixing the problem and not risking further serious injury.

That is bad news..however glad he is fixing it. Probably not a good ideal to put on the pads after any sort of spine surgery. :thumb: