How many schools have the Sports Turf type fields?

SOUTH

And it was. Although I had a lot of other things I could have been doing with my time. One would think the school district could afford to keep the bleachers painted.

Its not like they spent any money to put in the Fieldturf, or to repave the access road to the field, or to fix the part of the drainage system that had not been maintained for the field.

They did a good job landscaping the trailors you would have thought they had time to do the bleachers.:D or were the trailors gone by then?:sssh:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll spell it out. GBR was stating that at most they get from their school is some fresh paint. We don't even get that. Comprende???

Yeah, but you would think that a storied program like Mayfield, even if we had volunteers to help with our painting, could at least get a decent renovation to our stands and locker rooms in 50 years.

They did a good job landscaping the trailors you would have thought they had time to do the bleachers.:D or were the trailors gone by then?:sssh:

Trailers were gone by then....but they're back!!!! We are doing an extensive renovation of the school that will eventually, in I think Phase 4, result in the locker rooms being renovated and a bigger gym being constructed. But that's down the road quite a bit. Phase 1 will focus on the class rooms, the science labs, the auditorium and add air conditioning to the building.

Currently, our home locker room is not very nice, to put it mildly, and the visitors locker room is so small and pathetic that visiting teams don't even use it. They use the small gym.

But even the renovation of the school would not be taking place but for private donations. There is a bonding capacity short fall for Phase 1 of 2.4 million dollars. Fifty families donated the 2.4 million dollars to permit the renovation to proceed so we have trailers once again gracing the front lawn of the high school. Deja vu all over again.

Trailers were gone by then....but they're back!!!! We are doing an extensive renovation of the school that will eventually, in I think Phase 4, result in the locker rooms being renovated and a bigger gym being constructed. But that's down the road quite a bit. Phase 1 will focus on the class rooms, the science labs, the auditorium and add air conditioning to the building.

Currently, our home locker room is not very nice, to put it mildly, and the visitors locker room is so small and pathetic that visiting teams don't even use it. They use the small gym.

But even the renovation of the school would not be taking place but for private donations. There is a bonding capacity short fall for Phase 1 of 2.4 million dollars. Fifty families donated the 2.4 million dollars to permit the renovation to proceed so we have trailers once again gracing the front lawn of the high school. Deja vu all over again.

Whats the time line on this project. It sounds like it could span a few years. Also KUDOS to everyone involved. In our little "burg", community support and involvement are the keys to success.:thumb:

Whats the time line on this project. It sounds like it could span a few years. Also KUDOS to everyone involved. In our little "burg", community support and involvement are the keys to success.:thumb:

As I understand it, Phase 4 will not be completed by the time my freshman son graduates. I think it is a 6 year track before all phases are complete. Even if we had all the money necessary right now, because it is a renovation going on while school is also going on, it takes a lot of coordination.

Yeah, but you would think that a storied program like Mayfield, even if we had volunteers to help with our painting, could at least get a decent renovation to our stands and locker rooms in 50 years.
I may be wrong, but agreeing to do such with Graves Co. (whom the field is shared with) could be the biggest obstacle. Mayfield is willing, I am sure, to upgrade facilities (such as their newest sports complex).

I may be wrong, but agreeing to do such with Graves Co. (whom the field is shared with) could be the biggest obstacle. Mayfield is willing, I am sure, to upgrade facilities (such as their newest sports complex).

It is the biggest obstacle, but they have lots more money and clout than little ol Mayfield, they just don't care so much about football, :irked:

This confuses me. Why should the state give you the money? With your history you should have quite the "family" amongst boosters and fans. They should be able to give plenty. That's how we get all of our digs.

This confuses me. Why should the state give you the money? With your history you should have quite the "family" amongst boosters and fans. They should be able to give plenty. That's how we get all of our digs.

Well, do you share your field with any other teams? Mayfield and Graves County both play on this field, if I was a booster I wouldn't want to spend my money on a field that is also used by another team.

I would guess the funds would come from their school district rather than the state. If Graves Co. uses the field also I assume they charge rent or a usage fee. I say increase the rent/usage by about 15% to start saving for some capital improvements.

I would guess the funds would come from their school district rather than the state. If Graves Co. uses the field also I assume they charge rent or a usage fee. I say increase the rent/usage by about 15% to start saving for some capital improvements.

I am not sure how the money goes, I am sure the gate gets split but I was told by the man in charge of maintenance that Mayfield does all the maintenance to the field and grounds, so I am not sure as to how much Graves puts in but from I have heard it isn't very much at all, which is sad I think cause they did the analysis and it was too expensive for them to build their own field.

As for Mayfield--don't you guys have some type of indoor practice facility? If so--it is kind of hard for me to understand how you guys can't do more with the War Memorial.

Nah, the players use the indoor soccer complex when the weather is bad, it isn't for the football players only.