How many schools have the Sports Turf type fields?

SOUTH

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Boone County, I heard that a great Shaun Alexander has been wanting to put in Turf and boost the facilities at Boone for some time, but the Boone County School Board and such wouldnt allow it because they felt tat the same would have to go for Ryle and Conner or something along those lines. Not sure how true this is but it's just what Ive heard through the rumor mill.

It's called playing conditions, so what is wrong with a little mud???

I guess we need to take the toughness out of the sport...

Yes, I understand the wear from multiple games from different levels that might play on the field and yada...yada...yada... But GRASS is safer and we all know it... So why don't we spend the money (250,000+) that goes into field turf to make a new site for the non-high school games???

I guess its just the evolution of the game, ease of ticket sells, consessions, ect. for the non-high school games, but they make trailers for consession and a quarter of a million dollars should surely buy a fence, dozer work, and a few stands, and a couple of acres of land??? Maybe you guys will think I'm wrong but, It should be a pervilage and not a right to play in a High School Stadium.

Well, do you share your field with any other teams? Mayfield and Graves County both play on this field, if I was a booster I wouldn't want to spend my money on a field that is also used by another team.

Newport and Newport Central Catholic also share fields and I didn't hear anyone complaining that Newport would be giving money so NCC could play on the field. Things like this can be worked out. Why not make it a joint effort??

Newport and Newport Central Catholic also share fields and I didn't hear anyone complaining that Newport would be giving money so NCC could play on the field. Things like this can be worked out. Why not make it a joint effort??

I don't know, I wish some kind of agreement could be worked out, we are hosting our own bowl games now and it is just an embarassment to us when teams come in to play and can't get a decent place to dress. And our bathrooms for the fans are an embarassment as well, you might as well be using it outside, it would be cleaner!!

... But GRASS is safer and we all know it... So why don't we spend the money (250,000+) that goes into field turf to make a new site for the non-high school games???

I.

Schools like Dixie and Newport NEVER have grass due to the heavy use of the field. Its either turf or mud. The NC-Bellevue playoff game showed that a field full of mud is not good for the game.

As for Boone County, I heard that a great Shaun Alexander has been wanting to put in Turf and boost the facilities at Boone for some time, but the Boone County School Board and such wouldnt allow it because they felt tat the same would have to go for Ryle and Conner or something along those lines. Not sure how true this is but it's just what Ive heard through the rumor mill.

Not a rumor. Its true. The issue is that the Alexander foundation was not going to give enough to cover the entire cost. Thus, tax money would have to be used. The school board correctly decided that since its not a necessity for Boone to have it, tax money would not be used.

My guess is that if Shaun was covering the entire cost for Boone, it would be done without question.

Schools like Dixie and Newport NEVER have grass due to the heavy use of the field. Its either turf or mud. The NC-Bellevue playoff game showed that a field full of mud is not good for the game.

Good point and the cost of putting down FieldTurf or an equivalent is extremely small compared to the cost of putting up a completely new stadium.

Currently, our home locker room is not very nice, to put it mildly, and the visitors locker room is so small and pathetic that visiting teams don't even use it. They use the small gym.

Come on with the Title IX garbage......IT IS THE GIRLS GYM!!!!!! HA HA