Who are the QBs to look out for in KY in 2006?

I wathed Zach Lewis (sophomore to be) yesterday at the Woodford County 7 on 7 Tourney. He looked very sharp, having only one interception on the day (which bounced off the chest of a receiver). Clay won the tourney by the way with wins over Mercer, Grant 2 times, Woodford #2 and Casey Co. If there is a better soph in the state, I can't imagine who it would be. Not sure if Clay's offense should be considered "wide open throwing", they did have a 1000 yard rusher last year in Bragg (senior to be).

Thanks for the feedback :thumb:

I didnt get to see him against Ashland in last yrs playoffs but folks were impressed, he had a ton of yardage - some big INT's as well but he was only a freshman.

Wasn't sure if they just couldnt run against Ashland or if he did that all the time. Sounds like Bell & Rock have something to watch out for there;) ;)

Woody Jr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the youngster from Clay Co?

Not sure how to value a wide open throwing offense in evaluating a QB but he may have some gaudy #'s this season

Anyone more familiar with him?

Woody Jr

I forgot about him. I got a chance to watch him a couple of times last year and he is solid!

I wathed Zach Lewis (sophomore to be) yesterday at the Woodford County 7 on 7 Tourney. He looked very sharp, having only one interception on the day (which bounced off the chest of a receiver). Clay won the tourney by the way with wins over Mercer, Grant 2 times, Woodford #2 and Casey Co. If there is a better soph in the state, I can't imagine who it would be. Not sure if Clay's offense should be considered "wide open throwing", they did have a 1000 yard rusher last year in Bragg (senior to be).
What about Dobbs? Wasn't he the leading reciever last year. Did he graduate?

What about Dobbs? Wasn't he the leading reciever last year. Did he graduate?

Dobbs is a beast! He will be a junior. He can play TE, Slot, WR or anywhere. He was marked after the first game at the Woodford 7 on 7 and still couldn't be stopped. He has a knack for reading defenders and getting to the right spot. Clay also has a kid by the name of Dunn who looked like he had glue on his hands. There was another kid by the name of "Duck" Bullock, he played very well, came up with some big catches and picks when they were needed. Clay's offense should be solid for the next few years, they had some freshmen out there that looked very good, Nicholson, Reid, Gilbert, Jackson (almost a Dobbs clone) and some other players I'm not familiar with yet. If Clay can get their defense in line, they will be tough to handle.

Mike Jones from Southwestern is getting some looks from UL, Vandy, and several smaller schools...

This kid can play. If he can get better with his Mechanics (Looking off Receivers ETC...) and learn to read the Defense better at line he can be a sleeper. Has a good group of WR to throw to, with a little blocking up front, and a good running game should produce some solid numbers.

I can't recall who Dixie played in the first round of last year's playoff (brain fart), but I'm thinking Shelby County. :confused: Anyways, they had a solid young qb who'll be a junior this year. He had good size and a good arm.