Who are the QBs to look out for in KY in 2006?

Dobbs is a beast! He will be a junior. He can play TE, Slot, WR or anywhere. He was marked after the first game at the Woodford 7 on 7 and still couldn't be stopped. He has a knack for reading defenders and getting to the right spot. Clay also has a kid by the name of Dunn who looked like he had glue on his hands. There was another kid by the name of "Duck" Bullock, he played very well, came up with some big catches and picks when they were needed. Clay's offense should be solid for the next few years, they had some freshmen out there that looked very good, Nicholson, Reid, Gilbert, Jackson (almost a Dobbs clone) and some other players I'm not familiar with yet. If Clay can get their defense in line, they will be tough to handle.

I think Jackson could possibly be the best player out of that freshman class. He is a tremendous athelete. Good hands, good moves, and he has some speed. He can also kick a football pretty good. I expect him to get a lot of varsity time this year. The freshman class could do big things by the time they graduate.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall who Dixie played in the first round of last year's playoff (brain fart), but I'm thinking Shelby County. :confused: Anyways, they had a solid young qb who'll be a junior this year. He had good size and a good arm.

Yep, it was Shelby County. :jump:

Ballard has a very smooth kid in TJ Pryor...has all the tools and plenty to throw to...he will be a junior...finished the season last year as the starter.

Will have a great year if they can protect for him.

I think Jackson could possibly be the best player out of that freshman class. He is a tremendous athelete. Good hands, good moves, and he has some speed. He can also kick a football pretty good. I expect him to get a lot of varsity time this year. The freshman class could do big things by the time they graduate.

I agree 51513 on both accounts. The key to the freshman class doing "big things" is them sticking together. I suppose a lot of the incoming freshman are going to start showing up at the complex soon. If only 4 or 5 of these incoming freshman are still on the team 3 years down the road, it will be VERY easy to forget their Middle School accomplishments.

Ross Deaton From Somerset will be one of the top QBs in Eastern Kentucky. Ross had over 2200 passing yards and a 28:6 TD to INT ratio last year.

No surprise here. He comes from good genes. Isn't his father Mike Deaton who was an all state qb and got a scholarship to UK?

CovCath QB Josh Blesser should have a good year. A true pocket passer will be interesting to watch in the spread offense, but he has two college level targets in Peter Sutton and Kurt Bovard.

I know he has a cannon for an arm. Mobility has always been the knock on him. I'm sure that Coach R will feature short passes that doesn't require Bleser to hold the ball long and scramble.

Any truth to the rumor that Bovard got some snaps at the qb spot in spring football?

I agree 51513 on both accounts. The key to the freshman class doing "big things" is them sticking together. I suppose a lot of the incoming freshman are going to start showing up at the complex soon. If only 4 or 5 of these incoming freshman are still on the team 3 years down the road, it will be VERY easy to forget their Middle School accomplishments.
I agree and I'm sure 51513 agrees even more. Once you leave middle school your accomplishments are soon forgotten. Middle school is just a traing camp. Friday nights under the lights is something you never forget.

Yes nees1212, it was Shelby County and the qb for Dixie is Joe Bricking. He will be a junior this year and word is that he has been working on speed and increasing his overall size. Should be a good season for Dixie on their new field...we'll see!

Yes nees1212, it was Shelby County and the qb for Dixie is Joe Bricking. He will be a junior this year and word is that he has been working on speed and increasing his overall size. Should be a good season for Dixie on their new field...we'll see!

I'm well aware of Mr. Bricking. ;) I was referring to the Shelby County qb. :D

I know he has a cannon for an arm. Mobility has always been the knock on him. I'm sure that Coach R will feature short passes that doesn't require Bleser to hold the ball long and scramble.

Any truth to the rumor that Bovard got some snaps at the qb spot in spring football?

Yes. Blesser and Isler were still playing baseball, so Bovard was the next choice at quarterback due to his athleticism.

Scott Grizzle from Raceland imo should get a mention. Scott will be a senior and is a 3yr. starter with the Rams. Last season he was ranked 16th statewide and 3rd in Class A. Scott averaged 193.8yds. per game with 151 comp. in 227 att. with 23td's. I may be wrong but I believe that Scott has passes for over 2,000 yds. in each of the last two seasons.

• 4 weeks later...