Christian Academy Louisville 16 DeSales 0

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeSales made way too many costly mistakes and CAL played sound football. I think it's clear we're not at the same point we were the last 2 years, but this is also the same position we've been in before. We have some great coaches and I trust them moving forward. Looking forward to making the trip back to CAL the week before thanksgiving

I dont want to step in on another games thread but i see a lot of Owensboro Catholic talk, so i figured i would comment. At first thought i question if OC is on the level of a CAL, DeSales or Mayfield, but then i remember the OHS game. Owensboro, to me, is one of the best teams in the state and Catholic played step for step with them. The thing about this Aces team that sets them apart from the past few years, IMO, is their defense and running game. Things they will need when its 10 degrees outside and their run and shoot offense stalls. I am most def curious to see what happens come playoff time.

DeSales made way too many costly mistakes and CAL played sound football. I think it's clear we're not at the same point we were the last 2 years, but this is also the same position we've been in before. We have some great coaches and I trust them moving forward. Looking forward to making the trip back to CAL the week before thanksgiving

Yes, but it sounds like you don't have the game breakers of years past. Sandbag gong or concern? You never have relied on them, more defense, clock management, and field position. However, you have had a couple backs that could get a big 20 to 30 yard field swing consistently every year. Is that missing?

Mexitucky, you hit one of our many problems with this football team. Below are some other concerns.

1. No creativity on offense--NONE

2. No game breakers on offense

3. A offensive line that think just because they are big that is enough

4. Poor QB play set up by TERRIBLE, predictable play calling

5. A defense that plays the majority of the game and is exhausted because they spend so much time on the field.

6. Line is lazy and some do not put a helmet on people

7. A great punting game

8. Did I say no creativity on offense--NONE

There is a brief overview of our season, very frustrating. Could you private message me about Hanover, this is very important.

Mexitucky, you hit one of our many problems with this football team. Below are some other concerns.

1. No creativity on offense--NONE

2. No game breakers on offense

3. A offensive line that think just because they are big that is enough

4. Poor QB play set up by TERRIBLE, predictable play calling

5. A defense that plays the majority of the game and is exhausted because they spend so much time on the field.

6. Line is lazy and some do not put a helmet on people

7. A great punting game

8. Did I say no creativity on offense--NONE

There is a brief overview of our season, very frustrating. Could you private message me about Hanover, this is very important.

There was a ton of truth in your overview in last nights game. Either team could have won last night and in a rematch this is still pretty close to a 50/50 game. I think poor weather favors DS and good weather like last night CAL. CAL was certainly better though and I think it had a lot to do with their coaching. I think there are about 5 to 6 teams that all have a decent shot at being the 2A champ.

DS offense was a mess last night, especially when they throw. They have a long way to go when they have to pass. When DS runs, their best back is the QB himself and he is a threat. He is also a heck of a kicker. The biggest surprise about DS for me was the big ole line that really didn't seem like they wanted to be there. The smaller CAL defense did fine against them and I was very proud to see CAL's Nic Osafaka (Spelling?) have a great game. His dad was a pretty solid player at Mayfield. As I said, I thought the offense for DS was a mess an the thing that seemed to add to it was the play calling that left me scratching my head. Other than the DS QB, no one stood out. Neither team has great speed which was something of a surprise. For CAL, several kids did stand out starting with the Frosh QB, he is going to be a good one, he is young and still made mistakes when under pressure but when given time he is a pure passer that can hurt you. The upside for this kids future is huge. The other frosh that was amazing was Milton, hard to believe he is a frosh. He sealed the deal with his CAL record 102 yard pick 6 that saw a supreme effort on his part to elude tacklers. #80 also stood out several times. Finally, #2, what a athlete, this kid is crucial to any run CAL makes on both sides of the ball. He is CAL's best player or was last night.

Both offenses were generally held in check by the others defense and the 2 things that sealed the deal for CAL were the turnovers and play calling when DS was on offense. DS is the more physical of the 2 on both sides but they failed to utilize this advantage last night. THE DS defense utilized tons of stunts to keep pressure on the CAL QB and was generally very effective stopping the CAL run game and their pass coverage was pretty good but not great though greatly enhanced when pressuring the QB. The love affair that Frakes has for DS seems misguided to me. They (DS) are easily good enough to be the 2A champs but I am not seeing them as a real elite level team that can hang with the higher ranked big boys.

There was a ton of truth in your overview in last nights game. Either team could have won last night and in a rematch this is still pretty close to a 50/50 game. I think poor weather favors DS and good weather like last night CAL. CAL was certainly better though and I think it had a lot to do with their coaching. I think there are about 5 to 6 teams that all have a decent shot at being the 2A champ.

DS offense was a mess last night, especially when they throw. They have a long way to go when they have to pass. When DS runs, their best back is the QB himself and he is a threat. He is also a heck of a kicker. The biggest surprise about DS for me was the big ole line that really didn't seem like they wanted to be there. The smaller CAL defense did fine against them and I was very proud to see CAL's Nic Osafaka (Spelling?) have a great game. His dad was a pretty solid player at Mayfield. As I said, I thought the offense for DS was a mess an the thing that seemed to add to it was the play calling that left me scratching my head. Other than the DS QB, no one stood out. Neither team has great speed which was something of a surprise. For CAL, several kids did stand out starting with the Frosh QB, he is going to be a good one, he is young and still made mistakes when under pressure but when given time he is a pure passer that can hurt you. The upside for this kids future is huge. The other frosh that was amazing was Milton, hard to believe he is a frosh. He sealed the deal with his CAL record 102 yard pick 6 that saw a supreme effort on his part to elude tacklers. #80 also stood out several times. Finally, #2, what a athlete, this kid is crucial to any run CAL makes on both sides of the ball. He is CAL's best player or was last night.

Both offenses were generally held in check by the others defense and the 2 things that sealed the deal for CAL were the turnovers and play calling when DS was on offense. DS is the more physical of the 2 on both sides but they failed to utilize this advantage last night. THE DS defense utilized tons of stunts to keep pressure on the CAL QB and was generally very effective stopping the CAL run game and their pass coverage was pretty good but not great though greatly enhanced when pressuring the QB. The love affair that Frakes has for DS seems misguided to me. They (DS) are easily good enough to be the 2A champs but I am not seeing them as a real elite level team that can hang with the higher ranked big boys.

Just so everyone knows,

Austin Carr (freshman)- QB

Milton Wright (freshman)- WR/DB/KR

#80 Jake Paulson (junior)- TE/DE

#2 Clay Davis (senior)- primarily WR but also plays a little bit of DB

In all honesty, I feel better about last night's game than last year's. We had more first down's, and yardage than did CAL. We also had 4 turnovers to their none, which was the game. Our play calling was pretty vanilla. We could run the ball, wish we would have committed to it more. It seemed like when we got in any groove then we would abandon it, and throw it. Johnson was not on at all last night. It sucks to lose, but i'll look forward to the rematch.

In all honesty, I feel better about last night's game than last year's. We had more first down's, and yardage than did CAL. We also had 4 turnovers to their none, which was the game. Our play calling was pretty vanilla. We could run the ball, wish we would have committed to it more. It seemed like when we got in any groove then we would abandon it, and throw it. Johnson was not on at all last night. It sucks to lose, but i'll look forward to the rematch.

Couldn't agree more. Have never understood why the coaches completely change the style of play mid drive. Especially when we it is working. We pick up 5 yards on a run then decide to throw it the next two downs. Makes 0 sense. Also substituting and taking guys out of the flow of a game.