Christian Academy Louisville 16 DeSales 0

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to compare that score since Monroe sat out their starting Qb and three OL to rest for district. I am very confident in the Falcons. Coming to Monroe you may realize it won't be a cakewalk like the northern teams think. It's a hard place to win if it's close cause of the Fans. The boys step up a level when the crowd really gets into it. Never less I look forward to hosting Desales fist then Cal for region!! 👍

Danville is flying under the radar. OC is good' date=' but how good?[/quote']

NCC or Lloyd are not going to be easy outs seems to almost always be a northern Kentucky team in the championship game

Some excellent analysis about the game. I didn't see anything overblown or inaccurate. My biggest concern with the Colts was expressed a couple of times - the lack of a game changing playmaker on offense. As I mentioned in a previous post, I left the regular season game last year trying to figure out how we could POSSIBLY beat CAL. I don't feel that way this year. One of the most overlooked aspects of DeSales' ability to turn the tables on CAL in the playoffs is the fact that if we meet again, it will most likely be cold and nasty, which is bad for a passing offense and good for corn-fed linemen and grind it out offense. DeSales gave up six first downs - their defense is not a concern. The big concern is that we have scored seven TOTAL points in our last three games against CAL. Regarding the play calling, the OC hasn't changed. It's the same guy who has called the play for two state championship teams, including one who broke every DeSales record in 2013. I'm pretty sure he didn't call "play action, interception for a pick six."

Just remember Cal and Desales fans....the road to Mayfield runs through Falcon Country way down South!!!! See you guys in five weeks.

At this point, DeSales will not play against any serious competition until the week you're referencing. That game scares me to death because I'm afraid it will be seen as "the game before the rematch." For the first time in a few years, there are more than 2-3 teams capable of winning this thing, and I just hope our kids go into that game with their heads on straight.

Just now getting to this. Here is my $.02. Turnovers will beat you every time. But with that said, there are reasons why you turn it over. I was disappointed with the way the offense played. Johnson saw a lot of pressure. We ran the ball ok, but a little over 3 yards per carry is not great. Our defense was good as usual. But I'm a little worried going forward.

Hats off to CAL. No one should be surprised. That is a great program. I think they are more athletic than people are giving them credit for. I was surprised they have so few kids. I thought our depth would be a factor. I'm exaggerating but it seemed like every kid they had played both ways (#2, #4, #10, #63, #56, #57, #80)....I know I'm missing some but I don't know that they ever left the field. Pretty impressive, especially in a game like that. Like I said, hats off to them....they are very very good. Next game is going to be great again....especially if we don't turn it over.