2015 Mr. Football

FBJunkie

No where did I say elite, Danville is playing well, and Anderson is down from in the past but still a talented team. You take away Boyle best player and distributor and the games could be very different. I still think Boyle would win those, but they are clearly not the favorite in 3A without Robbins.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No where did I say elite, Danville is playing well, and Anderson is down from in the past but still a talented team. You take away Boyle best player and distributor and the games could be very different. I still think Boyle would win those, but they are clearly not the favorite in 3A without Robbins.

But they still would be considered a team with a legitimate chance...

Once again..without Daniel, Paintsville has NO chance at a State Title and that is where the argument for Daniel has it's best roots.

Back to my statement... Robbins is the MVP in 3A... but noone in the State is more valuable to their team than Kash Daniel

And lets not get it twisted... if Robbins were selected Mr. Football I wouldn't necessarily disagree or find the decision offensive in the least bit... in fact I would argue it's merit if someone wanted to take a harsh stance.

You just said "Top D1 prospect doesn't necessarily mean they deserve Mr. Football, I really don't see how anyone can go against Robbins." to which I am giving the legitimate argument in favor of Daniel.

And lets not get it twisted... if Robbins were selected Mr. Football I wouldn't necessarily disagree or find the decision offensive in the least bit... in fact I would argue it's merit if someone wanted to take a harsh stance.

You just said "Top D1 prospect doesn't necessarily mean they deserve Mr. Football, I really don't see how anyone can go against Robbins." to which I am giving the legitimate argument in favor of Daniel.

I agree with on on Daniels as well, the kid is talented on both sides of the ball even if he does project defensively at the next level. Let me ask this question, do you think that competition plays any factor, such as do you think that a kid in 1A deserves it over a 6A kid for example, Guy from Scott co. just because of the level of competition he is having to play?

I always thought of this as an interesting little side bit, to see what others thought of such things.

I agree with on on Daniels as well, the kid is talented on both sides of the ball even if he does project defensively at the next level. Let me ask this question, do you think that competition plays any factor, such as do you think that a kid in 1A deserves it over a 6A kid for example, Guy from Scott co. just because of the level of competition he is having to play?

I always thought of this as an interesting little side bit, to see what others thought of such things.

Yes and no.

Is it easier to stand out potentially stat wise in 1A in rural EKY competition that has a 5'6 135 LB'er trying to tackle?

Absolutely

The flip side though is that same 5'6 135 kid could be on your team as your lead blocker HAHA

I think it has to be looked at deeper than just 1A competition vs. 3A competition vs. 6A competition

If you have a kid playing awful teams every week and putting up eye popping numbers I do not think it is fair to compare that to a kid who is willing his team to victory in high profile games. On the same page, if a kid is playing on an otherwise bad team or a historically bad team and suddenly they are winning and competing that deserves merit.

Daniel is a good example as such, Paintsville is now a 1A Title Contender and his numbers are impressive despite teams basically focusing all their attention at stopping him.

You can ask questions and play Devil's advocate many ways

"If Paintsville played Boyle's schedule what would his stats be?" --- Well worse..because his team is worse

"If Boyle played Paintsville's schedule would Robbin's stats be better?"- Well his team is better.. maybe not... less time playing in the 2nd Half than even this season

"If Daniel played for Boyle would his stats be worse than Robbins?"-- Maybe, maybe not... he would be better protected and have fresher legs and more options to make plays once he got the ball to them, but he wouldn't be asked to carry the mail 25 times

"If Robbins played for Paintsville would his stats be better or worse?"-- Maybe, maybe not. He wouldn't have as much time to throw and may have more dropped passes, but he also would be able to break tackles easier when he scrambled and have less athletes in the secondary to stop his passing.

At the end of the day... it's not hard to see greatness so level of competition is subjective.

But they still would be considered a team with a legitimate chance...

Once again..without Daniel, Paintsville has NO chance at a State Title and that is where the argument for Daniel has it's best roots.

Back to my statement... Robbins is the MVP in 3A... but noone in the State is more valuable to their team than Kash Daniel

I kind of agree about Kash Daniel but I have to say that without Josiah Robbins Boyle County doesn't have a legitimate chance to win 3A. And I LOVE Sam Tiller. I do think Josey is every bit as valuable to Boyle as Kash is to Paintsville.

We have to agree to disagree.

I think without him their chances decrease...but I would still consider them the best team in the West.

Without Daniel Paintsville has zero shot at a State Title.

I disagree with that part. They would be top 3 for sure but I'm not so sure they would be the best in the west. I believe you are underestimating how valuable he is to Boyle County.

Edited by charlesw88

I'm not sure the total, but he added 264 and 4 td's last Friday against Ironton, OH and he sat the fourth quarter.

There is a link that LRCW posted in the Ashland/Ironton thread to hudl highlights from that game. I'm an Ashland fan, but can honestly say without any bias, that the kid is the real deal.

In four games:

Rushing: 896 yards in 84 attempts and 13 TD's

averaging 21 carries/game

averaging 224 yards/game

averaging 10 yards/carry

And that is him playing basically 3 games. I know some other kids sit out due to lopsided scores also but Baker in my opinion is the best football player in the state this year and maybe the best to ever put on Maroon and White.

Does Baker play Defense as well or only Offense?

Reason I ask is that for the first time in a while you have a coupel front runners who will get boosts from their ability to play D.

Daniel

Robbins

Guy

All three are stars on both sides of the ball

Reason I ask is that for the first time in a while you have a coupel front runners who will get boosts from their ability to play D.

Daniel

Robbins

Guy

Agreed. I think that fact makes those three stand out more than others. It will be interesting to see who ends up winning.

Daniel

Robbins

Guy

Yes, he plays defense.