Decision Day. What will she do?

LRCW

What will Kim Davis do today?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

• Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
    • Resign
    • Close her office
    • Issue Licenses
    • Other. Please explain

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to ignore...

That's the thing, it's actually not easy to ignore at all. There are 5-6 threads on here about it, that's pretty much all that's on Facebook, it's all day long on Twitter, most everyone I encounter in day-to-day life is talking about it, it's on the news, it's on national sites, etc. etc. There's no way to ignore it.

Why is it so damned hard for you to grasp that my posts are my opinions? If people didn't post until every factual detail in every area came out there would be no BGP.

Am I not allowed to respond with my opinion?

Heaven forbid I disagree with you.

Fwiw, I think she should resign from her position.

That's the thing, it's actually not easy to ignore at all. There are 5-6 threads on here about it, that's pretty much all that's on Facebook, it's all day long on Twitter, most everyone I encounter in day-to-day life is talking about it, it's on the news, it's on national sites, etc. etc. There's no way to ignore it.
Head out on a boat for a long shark fishing trip.

Honestly, if it weren't for an active interest in it I'd probably have zero clue what was going on.

I compare it to football season. It IS all anyone talks about for several months of the year. It dominates sports talk. It's all over Facebook. I have zero clue what is going on. Couldn't name a starting QB past Tom Brady. Have no idea who won the last several national championships or super bowls. How do I do this? Because I choose to ignore it. I really only pay attention to football when it's something I find interesting or troubling.

I think there is some interest there or else, why would you be in this thread?

Religious Freedom probably could have picked a better poster child:

I had to read that a few times just to process it. But Mrs Davis' cheated on her first husband with her third husband, had twins by the man, and then found a third guy to adopt them and raise them. I'm no biblical scholar but I think that might be a commandment or two...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/01/kentucky-clerk-fighting-gay-marriage-has-wed-four-times

shellgame.jpg

Anyone supporting Mrs. Davis want to address the fact she is actually in violation of the 1st amendment? The county court clerks office is a government entity that is now sponsoring / endorsing Mrs. Davis version of Christianity.

I'll bite...but not on that one. I'm curious about the lack of discussion about Federalism on this one. This isn't an individual issue, this is a state issue. I'm not a believer that the Federal government should be telling my state how to handle this, irrespective of the SC decision. The people of the Commonwealth have spoken on this issue....where is Jack Conway anyway ?

Its not just Rowan Co though, saw an article that said 51 county clerks said they would not issue a marriage license to gays, however only one of those county clerks have been asked to, Davis. This issue is bigger than just Rowan Co.

I have been saying this for sometime but some questioned what I knew and ridiculed me for even saying this. This is bigger than most know, and much bigger in our state than what is represented on this board. Laugh if you want but most do not agree with the SCOTUS ruling.

I have been saying this for sometime but some questioned what I knew and ridiculed me for even saying this. This is bigger than most know, and much bigger in our state than what is represented on this board. Laugh if you want but most do not agree with the SCOTUS ruling.

I believe you are correct, I don't know about most as some polls have it 50 / 50, but I do believe the squeaky wheel is getting the grease.

I'll bite...but not on that one. I'm curious about the lack of discussion about Federalism on this one. This isn't an individual issue, this is a state issue. I'm not a believer that the Federal government should be telling my state how to handle this, irrespective of the SC decision. The people of the Commonwealth have spoken on this issue....where is Jack Conway anyway ?

Are you saying they SHOULDN'T be telling the state how to handle it or are you saying they LEGALLY cannot tell the state how to handle it?

I know personally several of the clerks who have not yet been asked to issue the marriage licence to a same sex couple. When they are they will refuse also. What happens when 60+ clerks refuse to issue them? Then Houston we have a problem, which is probably going to happen unless they get this changed to online like the clerks are wanting.