Decision Day. What will she do?

LRCW

What will Kim Davis do today?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

• Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
    • Resign
    • Close her office
    • Issue Licenses
    • Other. Please explain

There IS something embarrassing about an elected official refusing to do their job.

You mean like enforcing laws? Should Obama resign because his DEA isn't enforcing federal laws in Colorado? How about enforcing laws at the borders? How about Conway refusing to appeal? Face it, elected officials regularly opt not to do what many would consider part of their job.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further, just like those that say people like Ref would be up in arms if a Muslim elected officer refused to do part of their job based on belief are hypocrites, I'm also seeing a bit of hypocrisy from those that are calling for this woman's head because her position differs from theirs.

Let's be careful to not lump all who disagree into one group.

Most IMO applaud her for standing up for what she believes in. I applaud all who challenge convention and norm. She did that. No one should have an issue with her for that aspect.

Up to this point I would support her completely even if I disagree with her stance.

I would not call her a bigot. I would not make fun of her religious beliefs.

However, the vast majority of us draw the line at the point of her not doing what the courts say she has to do. She had her day(s) in court and lost. She now has to resign. Period.

Are you incapable of answering a simple question?

Sometimes I am very incapable. But at today I feel capable.

Yes it is her job.

Just like its a preachers job to preach the word of God, but is not allowed to mention homosexuality as a bad thing in Ky Juvie places.

It just makes Rowan County a different type of Sanctuary City.

Its not just Rowan Co though, saw an article that said 51 county clerks said they would not issue a marriage license to gays, however only one of those county clerks have been asked to, Davis. This issue is bigger than just Rowan Co.