Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision Day. What will she do?

What will Kim Davis do today? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

    • Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
      74%
    • Resign
      9%
    • Close her office
      9%
    • Issue Licenses
      0%
      0
    • Other. Please explain
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

There IS something embarrassing about an elected official refusing to do their job.

 

You mean like enforcing laws? Should Obama resign because his DEA isn't enforcing federal laws in Colorado? How about enforcing laws at the borders? How about Conway refusing to appeal? Face it, elected officials regularly opt not to do what many would consider part of their job.

  • Replies 509
  • Views 45.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was only a matter of time...

Further, just like those that say people like Ref would be up in arms if a Muslim elected officer refused to do part of their job based on belief are hypocrites, I'm also seeing a bit of hypocrisy from those that are calling for this woman's head because her position differs from theirs.

It was only a matter of time...

 

Why shouldn't it be brought up. I'm sure you have no problem with Obama's DEA not enforcing drug laws in Colorado. He's an elected official, enforcing laws is his job, what's the difference?

I'm just calling for her job.:thumb:

 

For $80K a year, I'll come out of retirement, commute, and do the job right.

Let's be careful to not lump all who disagree into one group.

 

Most IMO applaud her for standing up for what she believes in. I applaud all who challenge convention and norm. She did that. No one should have an issue with her for that aspect.

 

Up to this point I would support her completely even if I disagree with her stance.

 

I would not call her a bigot. I would not make fun of her religious beliefs.

 

However, the vast majority of us draw the line at the point of her not doing what the courts say she has to do. She had her day(s) in court and lost. She now has to resign. Period.

Are you incapable of answering a simple question?

 

Sometimes I am very incapable. But at today I feel capable.

 

Yes it is her job.

 

Just like its a preachers job to preach the word of God, but is not allowed to mention homosexuality as a bad thing in Ky Juvie places.

Saw this one retweeted on Twitter:

 

 

@SethMacFarlane: So if Kim Davis can sit in the county clerk's office ignoring the law without consequence, does that mean we can smoke pot there too?

It just makes Rowan County a different type of Sanctuary City.

It just makes Rowan County a different type of Sanctuary City.

 

Its not just Rowan Co though, saw an article that said 51 county clerks said they would not issue a marriage license to gays, however only one of those county clerks have been asked to, Davis. This issue is bigger than just Rowan Co.

Obama's DEA not enforcing drug laws in Colorado

 

I'm not really familiar with that situation, but from what little I've read about it in the last 5 minutes, you have a very good point.

Saw this one retweeted on Twitter:

 

@SethMacFarlane: So if Kim Davis can sit in the county clerk's office ignoring the law without consequence, does that mean we can smoke pot there too?

 

They should go try it...

I'm not really familiar with that situation, but from what little I've read about it in the last 5 minutes, you have a very good point.

It's actually a very good point.

I cant help but think of the Oh Brother Quote when hearing about Kim Davis

"Even if that did put you square with the Lord, the State of Mississippi's a little more hard nosed"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.