Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision Day. What will she do?

What will Kim Davis do today? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

    • Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
      74%
    • Resign
      9%
    • Close her office
      9%
    • Issue Licenses
      0%
      0
    • Other. Please explain
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 509
  • Views 45.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To those people that said..."what is wrong with same sex wanting to get married? It does not effect you."

 

Well, here is your first answer in real life.

 

The loss of religious liberty.

 

There is no longer a right to follow your heart and convictions, and LIVE OUT your faith and religion?

 

That does effect me and countless born again Christians that have a heart to follow God and honor him.

 

I never thought I would live to see the day in America where a Christian is so persecuted, possibly put in jail, and even given death threats for manifesting their faith.

 

Well here we are. On the heels of the supreme court ruling, religious liberties are sucked away.

 

Have a nice day all...Lord bless you! I have to go to work.

 

I am a Christian.I only feel persecution from other Christians,that keep spewing out mans religion.

Do some of the people who support gay marriage think their beliefs are right and hers is wrong? Isn't that bigotry?

 

bigot Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

 

So, I'm a bigot because I want her to do the job she is paid to do?

 

Man..... how could I have been so misguided?

 

 

 

Edit: I wouldn't really call actions opposed to a bigot as being a bigot as well. Like, I just have a hard time understanding the people who think that since they aren't allowed to discriminate, and it means that they are being discriminated against. That seems like the argument a child would use when they want to watch more tv or something along those lines.

 

It's not the same. Not at all, actually.

 

I clearly stated that those saying that her beliefs are wrong and theirs are right, are by definition bigots. When people come out strongly opposed to someone's beliefs and call them bigots, they might want to look in mirror.

 

Just because you are called a bigot, doesn't mean it is a bad thing. I am opposed to racial discrimination and I think anyone who is in favor of it is wrong. That makes me a bigot.

What about those people who think that anyone who gets a divorce should be stoned to death? Should they head to Rowan now and follow their religious liberties and manifest their faith?

 

There are Christians out there who think that women have no authority not only over their husband, but any male. Should they start heading to Rowan as well? I mean, it is their religious liberty and they are able to manifest their faith.

Nice gig. Eighty grand a year to not do your job.

 

Just think, when this is all said and done she will be given free trips, speaking on media shows, speaking at events, staying at luxury hotels. Same money, if not more, plus all those extra perks.

Just think, when this is all said and done she will be given free trips, speaking on media shows, speaking at events, staying at luxury hotels. Same money, if not more, plus all those extra perks.

 

She might even get herself a brand spanking new husband...:wacky:

She might even get herself a brand spanking new husband...:wacky:

 

Now that is funny right there :) lol

To those people that said..."what is wrong with same sex wanting to get married? It does not effect you."

 

Well, here is your first answer in real life.

 

The loss of religious liberty.

 

There is no longer a right to follow your heart and convictions, and LIVE OUT your faith and religion?

 

That does effect me and countless born again Christians that have a heart to follow God and honor him.

 

I never thought I would live to see the day in America where a Christian is so persecuted, possibly put in jail, and even given death threats for manifesting their faith.

 

Well here we are. On the heels of the supreme court ruling, religious liberties are sucked away.

 

Have a nice day all...Lord bless you! I have to go to work.

 

I am a Christian, Catholic. Of course there are some denominations that say I must be an idol worshiper as such, and therefore not actually Christian. Any who...

 

There is no compulsion in the 1st Ammendment to apply ones religious beliefs in the application of the laws. In fact, the 1st Ammendment actually protects the citizenry FROM government application of religious beliefs in making laws or applying justice or setting policy. It's a double edged sword, to be sure. But the First Ammendment that allows Ms. Davis the freedom to believe as she does, also protects those who do not from being subjected to her application of justice and duties based upon her beliefs.

 

Given the alternative, I believe I still thank God every day for the sheer luck of being born in a country of religious freedom and free speech. It ain't easy, but it is immensely more desirable than living in a Theocracy.

 

As for persecution, that really is an exaggerated term to use in the context of American religious freedom and the conflicts that arise. No one is being forced under torture or death to believe anything they don't want to believe. No one is even saying anyone can't hold any particular office because they don't believe. All anyone is being asked to do is dispense their duties as the law requires.

Saw this one retweeted on Twitter:

 

 

@SethMacFarlane: So if Kim Davis can sit in the county clerk's office ignoring the law without consequence, does that mean we can smoke pot there too?

I see everyone bashing this lady, and I will be the first to admit that I have not kept up with this story very closely, so someone fill me in if I am missing something.

 

What I understand so far is that this lady does not believe in same sex marriages based on her religious beliefs and ideologies and because of that refuses to issue marriage certificates to same sex couples. Am I missing anything else?

 

If this is what the whole story is based on, I don't think it is right for anyone to bash her. If I am missing something, let me know. She believes that same sex marriages are wrong and will not bend on her beliefs. Should she be removed from that position? I would say yes. Does this make her a disgusting human? Not at all.

 

AGAIN, PLEASE FILL ME IN IF I AM MISSING SOMETHING THAT SHE HAS DONE TO MAKE HERSELF LOOK WORSE.

To those people that said..."what is wrong with same sex wanting to get married? It does not effect you."

 

Well, here is your first answer in real life.

 

The loss of religious liberty.

 

There is no longer a right to follow your heart and convictions, and LIVE OUT your faith and religion?

 

That does effect me and countless born again Christians that have a heart to follow God and honor him.

 

I never thought I would live to see the day in America where a Christian is so persecuted, possibly put in jail, and even given death threats for manifesting their faith.

 

Well here we are. On the heels of the supreme court ruling, religious liberties are sucked away.

 

Have a nice day all...Lord bless you! I have to go to work.

 

One most certainly can, but in doing so they should also stay the hell out of other people's business to allow others the freedom to have their beliefs as well. When ones idea of freedom also includes denying other people their freedom, or the idea that everyone is free to believe just as long it's the way they believe, then one would have a very distorted idea of just what freedom is.

 

You're just now getting the memo that religious beliefs through out time has been a dangerous game?

 

Sorry that you've had such a false sense of security, and you know what they say about sticking your head out there. Just ask ISIS.

 

You thankfully live in a country that allows for freedom of, or from religion, and not just yours. Your take aims at destroying that freedom for all.

 

Take a wild guess what has been in many incidences worldwide for centuries, the root of many conflicts? Go on guess?

Mind boggling....

That fact that people think this is OK is just beyond insane to me.

Christopher Moraff ‏@cmoraff

 

I wonder how many conservatives would support Clerk #KimDavis if she were a Quaker refusing to approve a gun license on religious grounds.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.