Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision Day. What will she do?

What will Kim Davis do today? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

    • Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
      74%
    • Resign
      9%
    • Close her office
      9%
    • Issue Licenses
      0%
      0
    • Other. Please explain
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1) Hate how it's being handled.

2) Personally I believe our government screwed up big when they named governmental marriages "marriage" making it impossible to distinguish between the governmental institution and the religious institution.

3) I can understand why people are adamantly against gay marriage and I don't believe that automatically makes them a bigot. Referring to point 2, I think this was avoidable but there was no way our forefathers could have had that foresight.

4) Due to the lack of a situation in which governmental civil unions for heterosexual and homosexual couples are separate from religious marriage, I support gay marriage as issued by the government because it is fair and meets the standard of civil rights.

5) I feel hot passion for my belief that the government should issue gay marriages and whatever church I attend should not.

6) The fact that some persons cannot reconcile point #5 is the reason we are in this mess.

  • Replies 509
  • Views 45.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She's unyielding. While I don't think I'd proceed the same, I admire her steadfastness.

 

This, and I will also add she is peacefully protesting the ruling.

Maybe others already knew thus but she cannot be fired since she was elected. She cannot be impeached until next year with the legislature returns OR if they have a special session for this which would be very costly.

 

So the only immediate remedy is the judge.

  • Author
Maybe others already knew thus but she cannot be fired since she was elected. She cannot be impeached until next year with the legislature returns OR if they have a special session for this which would be very costly.

 

So the only immediate remedy is the judge.

 

And are his only two options for her jail and/or fines?

I guess shes going to be held in contempt and put in lockup.

And are his only two options for her jail and/or fines?

 

I would assume. What other possibilities are there?

What a despicable human-being.

 

You should be more tolerant. :D

I don't understand why some of the deputy clerks don't just go ahead and issue the licenses anyway unless they all agree with her. If I worked there and did not agree with her I'd have issued away. What could she do, fire me for following the directions of the Governor and Supreme Court? If so I feel like my wrongful termination lawsuit would be a slam dunk. I have to think they must all be on board with her actions.

 

 

Because it's her son.

Although I may personally have a knee jerk impression of her as being ignorant and backward, if she's willing to suffer the consequences by standing up for something she believes in, even if it means breaking the law, then that is her prerogative.

 

Although he didn't break any laws in the process, Jim Obergefell challenged the SCOTUS with what was at the time the law, and ultimately saw it overturned. Sure, it's highly unlikely that just like that the Supreme Court would instantly reverse their decision because of Kim Davis, but for those who oppose to it, there's no time like the present to demonstrate their opposition.

 

I get where people say that she should resign if she's not willing to abide by the law and do her job, but she obviously has the bigger agenda in mind, and aims at doing whatever she can to see it through.

 

I'm all for people, whether or not I agree with them or not, standing up for what they believe in, and even if it goes as far as breaking the law.

 

Rosa Parks broke the law, but what she did ultimately lead to massive social reform. She had had enough of the nonsense and wouldn't give up her spot on the bus. Something so small even though she was breaking the law, lead to something so big.

 

I have various thoughts on what makes people feel anti-gay, or oppose gay marriage, and although I again I admittedly have a knee jerk tendency to think of them as ignorant and backward, for whatever reason be it upbringing, or religious upbringing, they do not have the capacity to understand things from where I'm coming from, while they're so certain that their beliefs firmly support where they're coming from.

 

Sure it's personally frustrating for me to see people close their minds to additional information that might help them see it more clearly, but if they believe what they believe they certainly have the right to, and there's really not much I can do about it to change it. Although I might not like it, I really can't label them a bigot for holding true to their beliefs.

 

Thankfully I now have the law on my side to avoid discrimination, which wasn't always the case, and I'm glad to see that more and more everyday people support this freedom. Also thankful that Kim Davis is on the other side of the law in this matter for it speaks volumes about how far the nation has come, while it still screams how much further we have to go.

  • Author
I would assume. What other possibilities are there?

 

Exile her to Elliott County?

Anyone know which judge will hear the case in Ashland?

 

Judge Bunning will travel to Ashland for the hearing.

I voted "other". I think Clerk Davis will refuse to issue and be fined.

I voted "other". I think Clerk Davis will refuse to issue and be fined.

 

I wonder what limits there are on fines?

I wonder what limits there are on fines?

 

I read a post on FB from some legal eagle who said he would find her $1,000 per day.

I read a post on FB from some legal eagle who said he would find her $1,000 per day.

 

Gotcha. I hope it can be more severe than that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.