Decision Day. What will she do?

LRCW

What will Kim Davis do today?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

• Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
    • Resign
    • Close her office
    • Issue Licenses
    • Other. Please explain

Why do they need to go to Rowan County? And what gives you the right to say they are "wrong"? Do I believe those things you stated, no. But you better believe I am not going to judge them for what they believe. This is the whole problem. You have a different belief, view, or no belief at all which is fine. But you are not any better nor are they any worse than you and to think so is just as bad.

Why can't we accept that she feels the way she does, agree or disagree with it, and discuss it? Why do we have to "throw stones" at her?

Again, not pointing anyone out specifically just overall as a society

We've been down this road before.

Because they want to.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe she is scum and a hypocrite. Makes me sick thinking about how far behind the times some people are. Honestly can't believe people try to defend her. Just imagine a Muslim working at the DMV who chose to deny a woman a driver license because he didn't believe they should be able to drive. Wouldn't even be having this discussion then.

We've been down this road before.

Because they want to.

And I believe they are taxpayers in Rowan County.

And if they, and others after her, don't demand she does her job, she will never be held to account.

The same could have been asked of Rosa Parks. Why not just move a few rows back in the bus?

Unless and until a real case and controversy existed, the Courts had no place. They had to ask and be denied to have standing to bring their lawsuit in Federal Court. Once the order(s) were issued, they had to go back and ask and be denied to have standing to seek contempt by showing she was refusing to comply with the Order of the Court. The manner in which they asked (camera crews, confrontation, video, etc.) can be reasonably discussed on both sides, but they had to be rejected to move the case to the next step to ultimately get the justice they seek (and will get at some point).

I believe she is scum and a hypocrite. Makes me sick thinking about how far behind the times some people are. Honestly can't believe people try to defend her. Just imagine a Muslim working at the DMV who chose to deny a woman a driver license because he didn't believe they should be able to drive. Wouldn't even be having this discussion then.

Oh, we'd be having a discussion, all right.

But it sure as heck wouldn't be THIS discussion, you and SG are spot on on that point.

There IS something embarrassing about an elected official refusing to do their job.

Totally agree.

Its so embarrassing to see Obama not deport or do anything about an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. I mean he is an elected official and ignores the problem.

To those people that said..."what is wrong with same sex wanting to get married? It does not effect you."

Well, here is your first answer in real life.

The loss of religious liberty.

There is no longer a right to follow your heart and convictions, and LIVE OUT your faith and religion?

That does effect me and countless born again Christians that have a heart to follow God and honor him.

I never thought I would live to see the day in America where a Christian is so persecuted, possibly put in jail, and even given death threats for manifesting their faith.

Well here we are. On the heels of the supreme court ruling, religious liberties are sucked away.

Have a nice day all...Lord bless you! I have to go to work.

Good thing you aren't old enough to remember these events then:

Roger Williams

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Williams

Joseph Smith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith

Clarence Jordan

Clarence Jordan

Rev. James Reeb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Reeb

Rev. Jonathan Daniels

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Daniels

Viola Gregg Liuzzo

http://www.biography.com/people/viola-gregg-liuzzo-370152

It sure was when the WHITE HOUSE turned into a RAINBOW.

There is nothing embarrassing about a woman standing up for her religious beliefs.

Wait a minute! Haven't you time and again warned us about the dangers of Muslims wanting to replace our laws with Sharia law? How is what she's doing any different? I would have assumed you would be first in line to call for her to be pulled from office. What am I missing?

Wait a minute! Haven't you time and again warned us about the dangers of Muslims wanting to replace our laws with Sharia law? How is what she's doing any different? I would have assumed you would be first in line to call for her to be pulled from office. What am I missing?

Depends on which faith is being replaced with which, I suppose.