Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision Day. What will she do?

What will Kim Davis do today? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

    • Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
      74%
    • Resign
      9%
    • Close her office
      9%
    • Issue Licenses
      0%
      0
    • Other. Please explain
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

If that's the case every single one of them needs to either resign or be thrown in jail. It's really simple. If you aren't willing to fulfill the job requirements of your position you resign. If you break a federal law in the process, you deserve to be held accountable to the fullest extent the law allows.

 

Then resign. It's pretty simple.

 

Don't see either of these happening. She's not going to resign, she's going to force someone's hand....Bunning likely doesn't throw her in jail, but I bet he's making some calls to Frankfort to see if they are dialed in on this one....

  • Replies 509
  • Views 45.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't see either of these happening. She's not going to resign, she's going to force someone's hand....Bunning likely doesn't throw her in jail, but I bet he's making some calls to Frankfort to see if they are dialed in on this one....
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. I don't think she resigns.
If that's the case every single one of them needs to either resign or be thrown in jail. It's really simple. If you aren't willing to fulfill the job requirements of your position you resign. If you break a federal law in the process, you deserve to be held accountable to the fullest extent the law allows.

 

Then resign. It's pretty simple.

 

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. I don't think she resigns.

 

Which actually makes this case all the more interesting because now KY politicians will have to actually take a position (side) and while some have, others have not.

 

Regardless of the individual feelings, opinions on this topic, you have to admit that the case law and developing story are going to make for an interesting read.

 

I'm much more curious about how the Commonwealth handles this than how Bunning rules...you can bet Conway is banking on Bunning doing the dirty work for him, but I just don't see it.

 

Even if he does jail her, does anyone think that some other clerk in KY doesn't take up the position as well ?

Is it true that this Birdbrain (Kim Davis) has been married four times? Seems like I heard that yesterday. She is some piece of work . Makes all clerks proud, I'm sure.

What would she be put in jail for exactly? From what I understand she is not issuing any licenses. Are we really going to start putting elected officials in jail for not doing all their duties? Why would elected officials be different than taxpayer funded positions?

 

This might seem like an elementary question, because it is listed in his/her duties does that mean he/she MUST do it, or does it mean they have the authority to do the task? If they must, what is the time frame? Does it have to be done daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly?

I will say this and I will stop posting for awhile. This is going to be interesting if 60+ clerks refuse when the time comes. And I do hope they jail her. Then you will see who really don't like this stand up. Thats why the ACLU asked for her to be fined only. They are not stupid.

 

Stand up and do what Jesse? Go on strike? Start a revolution? I'm not sure I follow.

She says she's cool with having the county issue the licenses without her name on them.

 

I assume it's not that simple. What would have to happen for that to be allowed? Legislature be in session and re-write the law?

 

I read that too. Seems her biggest issue is having to sign the license.

What would she be put in jail for exactly? From what I understand she is not issuing any licenses. Are we really going to start putting elected officials in jail for not doing all their duties? Why would elected officials be different than taxpayer funded positions?

 

This might seem like an elementary question, because it is listed in his/her duties does that mean he/she MUST do it, or does it mean they have the authority to do the task? If they must, what is the time frame? Does it have to be done daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly?

 

She is not issuing licenses which is her job. She has tried to articulate a case for refusal from waiting on law rewrites to religious objections.

 

I would think if she were jailed it would be for contempt of the court order she appealed and lost.

I read that too. Seems her biggest issue is having to sign the license.

 

That is what is being said now. It seems she may be trying to bargain her way out of this right now. I think she has been duped by Liberty Counsel to believe she was okay and now she sees things a little less hopeful. Just an observation.

Stand up and do what Jesse? Go on strike? Start a revolution? I'm not sure I follow.

 

Stand up for what they believe even if it means going against the SCOTUS. I will remind everyone here they need to take a refresher history lesson on why there is a USA. Does everyone think that given the condition of our country right now and the direction its headed that everything is just going to be utopia and nobody is gonna say anything?

Be safe in Ashland tomorrow, I am sure there will be crazies from all of the place there. I hope that there is an adequate police presence to keep things under control

I am seriously considering going. Just to watch of course.

Stand up for what they believe even if it means going against the SCOTUS. I will remind everyone here they need to take a refresher history lesson on why there is a USA. Does everyone think that given the condition of our country right now and the direction its headed that everything is just going to be utopia and nobody is gonna say anything?

 

I'm all for that. I thought you were speaking in something more along the lines of mutiny by every Clerk in the state.

 

The truth is Jesse, I have no problem with her or others holding these convictions and exercising all the rights they have to stand against them.

 

However, this has ALWAYS been a land under the rule of law. Fight to change it through the various avenues the government gives you. But to decide which laws are to be followed and which are not is a dangerous place to be as a society.

I am seriously considering going. Just to watch of course.

 

If you go, let us know what you encounter there. Would be great to have a BGP reporter on the scene.

If you go, let us know what you encounter there. Would be great to have a BGP reporter on the scene.

 

If I go I will post live updates, lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.