Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision Day. What will she do?

What will Kim Davis do today? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

    • Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
      74%
    • Resign
      9%
    • Close her office
      9%
    • Issue Licenses
      0%
      0
    • Other. Please explain
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'll bite...but not on that one. I'm curious about the lack of discussion about Federalism on this one. This isn't an individual issue, this is a state issue. I'm not a believer that the Federal government should be telling my state how to handle this, irrespective of the SC decision. The people of the Commonwealth have spoken on this issue....where is Jack Conway anyway ?
The government, state or federal, cannot discriminate. If the state level is they need to get their hand slapped. That's what happened here. They opened Pandora's box when they got into the marriage business. Why should a man and women be given certain benefits for being "married" while a man and man or woman and woman can't. This has nothing to do with religion. It's about equal benefits and treatment by the state and federal government.
  • Replies 509
  • Views 45.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my favorite part so far:

 

Irrespective of what “five lawyers” opined in Obergefell v. Hodges

 

Doesn't seem that she has a huge respect for the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

This is my favorite part so far:

 

 

 

Doesn't seem that she has a huge respect for the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

 

More likely the words of Liberty Counsel than her.

Are you saying that you think all 51 that are currently refusing will continue to do so if Judge Bunning puts Ms Davis in jail?

 

I think there is a good chance that most will. I do not know the answer to that 100% but I know several are very devout Christians who fear God more than the SCOTUS.

More likely the words of Liberty Counsel than her.
Don't disagree as I feel they are playing her like a fiddle.

I am saying that there are people who will not bend off what they believe no matter the cost. You can judge this lady or anyone else all you want, but by doing that you are saying you are better than her or above her and you are morally better and above that you are qualified to pass judgement on everyone. Where are your wings?

I haven't had much to say on this topic, but I can't believe this is still an issue. The clerk's job is to issue marriage licenses. The job isn't to define marriage or who can get married. If it were, the clerk could deny marriage licenses to atheists, Catholics, minorities, sinners, etc. according to their beliefs about marriage. This is silly.

 

It is as simple as this. I've looked at this whole issue from a job performance standard. Take out the gay marriage stuff. People's job duties switch all the time in the workforce.

Kim Davis has filed a 31 page injunction to halt her contempt motion. Here it is if anyone is interested.

 

http://juryverdicts.net/Injunction.pdf

 

This is one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen. So judge is going to have a hearing for Contempt and she files a motion for an injunction of the Contempt hearing? Way to anger the judge before he lays down his punishment. Keep digging your hole Davis.

I think there is a good chance that most will. I do not know the answer to that 100% but I know several are very devout Christians who fear God more than the SCOTUS.

 

If that's the case every single one of them needs to either resign or be thrown in jail. It's really simple. If you aren't willing to fulfill the job requirements of your position you resign. If you break a federal law in the process, you deserve to be held accountable to the fullest extent the law allows.

I am saying that there are people who will not bend off what they believe no matter the cost. You can judge this lady or anyone else all you want, but by doing that you are saying you are better than her or above her and you are morally better and above that you are qualified to pass judgement on everyone. Where are your wings?
Then resign. It's pretty simple.
I am saying that there are people who will not bend off what they believe no matter the cost. You can judge this lady or anyone else all you want, but by doing that you are saying you are better than her or above her and you are morally better and above that you are qualified to pass judgement on everyone. Where are your wings?

 

By not issuing the marriage licenses she's judging others and saying she's morally better than them. Where are her wings?

So all the dopers in Colorado and all the states and the District of Columbia need to be thrown in jail also for breaking a federal law? I do realize this is some different, but when you have division like this it sends a bad example.

By not issuing the marriage licenses she's judging others and saying she's morally better than them. Where are her wings?

 

Where are yours is what I asked.Im waiting on your answer. I will go ahead and answer this one. I dont have a set of wings.

Where are yours is what I asked.Im waiting on your answer. I will go ahead and answer this one. I dont have a set of wings.

 

Neither do I. And I'm A-Okay with that. I sleep very well at night knowing I don't discriminate against others based on sexual orientation. I'm also very confident that God is okay with my view on it as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.