Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision Day. What will she do?

What will Kim Davis do today? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

    • Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
      74%
    • Resign
      9%
    • Close her office
      9%
    • Issue Licenses
      0%
      0
    • Other. Please explain
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 509
  • Views 45.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, so all I need to do is go get baptized and tell people that when I sinned in the past I wasn't truly following the word of Jesus Christ and then I'll be able to run for POTUS and no one will be able to question my sincerity when my skeletons are pulled out of the closet?

 

Somebody call Deez Nuts and tell him he has a running mate in about a month after I get baptized. Again.

The supreme court interprets Federal Constitutional Law. They are appointed based on Presidents and the rulings can be quite skewed based on their political parties. No where I can find that says they make laws or have any authority to make a law only give a opinion on it. If I am reading this correctly there can be a lot of things the Supreme Court has said and people took it as law that could be overturned. If you can show me something different and not from someone's opinion (I know I posted some of those myself) but hard concrete evidence that they can make law then I will agree they can but I everything I can find does not point that way.

The supreme court interprets Federal Constitutional Law. They are appointed based on Presidents and the rulings can be quite skewed based on their political parties. No where I can find that says they make laws or have any authority to make a law only give a opinion on it. If I am reading this correctly there can be a lot of things the Supreme Court has said and people took it as law that could be overturned. If you can show me something different and not from someone's opinion (I know I posted some of those myself) but hard concrete evidence that they can make law then I will agree they can but I everything I can find does not point that way.

 

They can rule that a law is unconstitutional. That is different than making law.

 

They are not making law in this case.

 

The court says that the part of the law banning same sex marriage is illegal. That does not mean marriage laws must be rewritten. No different than when they said banning interracial marriage was illegal. Marriage laws did not have to then affirm interracial marriage.

So the laws are never rewritten? Just left on the books like they are? I have read even more and there are alot that disagree with you, who are legal experts it seems.The whole judicial process could be in question here before this is over.

The supreme court interprets Federal Constitutional Law. They are appointed based on Presidents and the rulings can be quite skewed based on their political parties. No where I can find that says they make laws or have any authority to make a law only give a opinion on it. If I am reading this correctly there can be a lot of things the Supreme Court has said and people took it as law that could be overturned. If you can show me something different and not from someone's opinion (I know I posted some of those myself) but hard concrete evidence that they can make law then I will agree they can but I everything I can find does not point that way.

 

JJ, I don't have an article handy, and I don't even know how to even search for what you're looking for, but take a step back and think about what your asking without the conclusion that the court doesn't make law.

 

Just about every single decision the court makes has the effect of law. The entire system is based on precedence. Don't be fooled that the piece of paper that includes the facts, holding, and rationale is worthless because it is called an opinion.

So the laws are never rewritten? Just left on the books like they are? I have read even more and there are alot that disagree with you' date=' who are legal experts it seems.The whole judicial process could be in question here before this is over.[/quote']

 

Some have to be. Some just have parts invalidated.

JJ, I don't have an article handy, and I don't even know how to even search for what you're looking for, but take a step back and think about what your asking without the conclusion that the court doesn't make law.

 

Just about every single decision the court makes has the effect of law. The entire system is based on precedence. Don't be fooled that the piece of paper that includes the facts, holding, and rationale is worthless because it is called an opinion.

 

Its been a long time since my Government classes and I am just searching out how this really works. There seems to be many differing opinions on this. Just searching for the truth. Im not one to just take someone on a message boards word for it lol.

Plus I dont like the fact that someone( or 5 people of 9) thats a political appointee can control everything. Im sure thats not what the founding fathers intended.

Plus I dont like the fact that someone( or 5 people of 9) thats a political appointee can control everything. Im sure thats not what the founding fathers intended.

 

What is the best way to ensure the Constitution is being adhered to?

Wait, so all I need to do is go get baptized and tell people that when I sinned in the past I wasn't truly following the word of Jesus Christ and then I'll be able to run for POTUS and no one will be able to question my sincerity when my skeletons are pulled out of the closet?

 

Somebody call Deez Nuts and tell him he has a running mate in about a month after I get baptized. Again.

 

Seems like most people are questioning her regardless...

So, now some are questioning whether the SCOTUS can rule whether a law is constitutional or not? And if it is found to be unconstitutional the law is invalidated, meaning it is no longer a law? I find it hard to believe that on this message board some did not know this or understand it.

Seems like most people are questioning her regardless...

 

Exactly. So I may as well go for what I know and not worry about my skeletons. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.