Counties with more registered voters than people of voting age that are alive

kyyank

Several times while working the polls and having the register in front of me, a co-worker has commented "she's dead, died last year...he's dead, been dead for a while" etc. We take note of that and alert the clerk. Also have people move..."Jane Smith moved to Virginia last year". I'd say it's a very tedious job.

I wonder if there is some database kept of death certificates produced that is (could be?) cross referenced to the voter registration roles to delete those who have passed? For people who have moved, that would be more difficult, I don't know how you could besides requiring ID which opens up the entire voter discrimination argument again.

You can register to vote in KY online/mail or at the county clerk's office. If all records are kept in Frankfort, then why is this list county-specific?

I don't think the county clerks handle the maintaining of the lists, my guess it would be a board of elections responsibility.

I don't think the county clerks handle the maintaining of the lists, my guess it would be a board of elections responsibility.

County clerk is the head of the elections board in each Kentucky county, along with sheriff and one D and one R appointee. I would suspect that county clerk's staff handles the maintaining of voter lists in each county, unless elections boards have funds to pay staffers. Maybe someone familiar with the process can clarify. Pulled the follow from elect.ky.gov:

"The county board of elections, which works at the direction of and under the supervision of the State Board of Elections, administers the election laws and the registration and purgation of voters within the county. The county board of elections is comprised of four members: county clerk (chairman), county sheriff, and one Democratic member and one Republican member appointed by the State Board of Elections."

Was extremely tempted to vote twice last time around .

I could have last time because of my move (down the street 2 miles) it put me in a different precinct, however I was still listed in the old precinct as well. The precincts were in different locations so no one would have known. To bad there was nothing to vote for really.

I could have last time because of my move (down the street 2 miles) it put me in a different precinct, however I was still listed in the old precinct as well. The precincts were in different locations so no one would have known. To bad there was nothing to vote for really.

There are people who DO try to do this. I think I had one a couple of years ago do this. He had moved to another county several months earlier, and after a couple of questions I caught him in a lie. He was allowed to vote but a form had to be filled out and it could be challenged. I'm quite sure the guy went back to vote in Versailles as well. I don't know what the outcome was.