Cardinals @ Reds (8/4 - 8/6)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the series where we start seeing the attendance slip for the rest of the season.

Ohio probably doesn't start school till after Labor Day, you probably have another few weeks of mid to upper 30,000 attendance games. I'm counting down the days though MJ. As a vendor I would think all the kids and families not being there would do wonders for beer sales, though I do see a lot of Moms and Dads knocking back a beer or 3 at games.

Okay, I'm confused. Didn't they say going into the 9th that Chapman already had the record for consecutive saves at home? Thought he already had 55, and the next closest was 51. So Aroldis closes it out, and pushes it to 56...and the next thing you know they're making a big deal during the postgame interview about him "breaking" the record. Granted, he did. But, it was his own record to begin with.

Am I missing something?

Ohio probably doesn't start school till after Labor Day, you probably have another few weeks of mid to upper 30,000 attendance games. I'm counting down the days though MJ. As a vendor I would think all the kids and families not being there would do wonders for beer sales, though I do see a lot of Moms and Dads knocking back a beer or 3 at games.

I sell soda and water at a decent clip too. But in no way does less people in the stadium help my beer sales lol.

We might get decent attended games, but the days of games in the middle of the week hitting 30,000 will not be a thing of the past. Only 25,000 there tonight and that is announced, so probably really only like 20-21K.

As posted in the post-ASG averages thread, Frazier was dreadful last night (and has been for some time). I don't think any knowledgeable fan would disagree that he was playing above his capabilities prior to mid-JUN. However, the fall has been dramatic.

Just waiting for someone to look at the stats and write the "HR Derby screws up your swing article."

I reluctantly said to trade him right after the ASG because I didn't think his value could ever be higher. I hope he turns things around before the end of the season. Being right like this is not any fun.