Cardinals @ Reds (8/4 - 8/6)

16 ABs and 10 walks tells the whole story. No pitcher is going to pitch to Joey with Frazier hitting sub .200 for the last month with what 1 HR??

Didn't Frazier finish the second half out last year in a bad slump as well? Maybe someone has those facts to back/not back me up. Seems like if you could combine Bruce's second halves with Frazier's firsts, you'd have the complete player.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Frazier finish the second half out last year in a bad slump as well? Maybe someone has those facts to back/not back me up. Seems like if you could combine Bruce's second halves with Frazier's firsts, you'd have the complete player.

Frazier did poorly in the 2nd half last season, but no where near what he's doing right now. His 2014 second half looks like HOF caliber numbers compared to what he's done so far this season.

16 ABs and 10 walks tells the whole story. No pitcher is going to pitch to Joey with Frazier hitting sub .200 for the last month with what 1 HR??

This. Watched yesterday's game and the Cards were treating Frazier like the P's spot (rightfully so). With Votto's unwillingness to swing at marginal pitches (a strength to me, but others will disagree) and opposing clubs trying to pitch around him, he may end up approaching 1.000 OBP if Frazier keeps stinking it up.

This. Watched yesterday's game and the Cards were treating Frazier like the P's spot (rightfully so). With Votto's unwillingness to swing at marginal pitches (a strength to me, but others will disagree) and opposing clubs trying to pitch around him, he may end up approaching 1.000 OBP if Frazier keeps stinking it up.

On Wednesday night, Seth Maness (notorious for the DP ball) literally threw 4 straight balls to Votto and got Frazier on a DP ball the next pitch.

If you are talking about me, I just went by what I Thought I remember and did not look up any stats. Excuse me if I messed up the thread for you intelligent knowledge posters. I have played, coached, umpired and watched the game for nearly forty years but I guess That is not intelligent enough. Consider myself out of the Reds posts and I will leave it for you smart guys.

Not talking about anyone specifically. More just those that continually choose to ignore stats that show when a player is doing well. And while they are ignoring the stats, they don't post anything to back up their stance. They just continue to harp "so and so sucks" without any basis.