Brady Rebuttal To 4 Game Suspension

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what the law suit is about. My understanding is the lawsuit will be about the power the commissioners office has in disciplinary cases. The law suit wont be about whether or not Brady had knowledge of the footballs etc. If that is indeed the case this will have very little to do with deflate-gate as much as it will have to do with procedures for handing down discipline. Don't count on the equipment guys testifying about anything because that is not what the lawsuit will be about.

That's the question I am not sure of.

The challenge the NFL will face is the fairness of the arbiter used.

It will be interesting.

Best post I have seen so far......Tom Brady's "crime" is equal to Greg Hardy's crime(s).

I can't imagine women's rights advocates are happy with Hardy and Brady receiving the same punishment. I don't blame them either.

But they said he didn't need to turn it over. That he needed to provide them with relevant information only and that they would take his word for it that that was everything. So he turned over communications and a list of everyone he communicated with.

If that was so then the phone not being viewed wouldn't have been the issue that it has been for this entire investigation. Evidently what he turned over wasn't sufficient in the eyes of the investigators.

It doesn't matter, the Patriots will start 4-0 and may go undefeated this season. Just sit back and enjoy.

Comparing Brady and Hardy would be like comparing Pete Rose and any of the dozens of MLB players slapped on the wrist for DA. Integrity of the game issues have always gotten bigger suspensions and punishment than transgressions away from the game. Not saying it's right, just the way it has been.

Which is not a good thing for the NFL IMO. There's been lack of cooperation in the past. Never any penalty that came close to this. Also, if Brady's statement is true that they provided them with text messages and a list of people that he communicated with, I'm not sure that's a lack of cooperation.

The response was crafted creatively to make it sound like he handed over everything and was fully cooperative. It basically says he had no communication with anyone about the deflating of footballs prior to the AFC title game and that since his Samsung coincidentally broke around the time this all blew up, they couldn't provide every single thing requested; but, they were able to hand over everything they had which was requested by the NFL. In short, there were records the NFL requested that were destroyed/lost or whatever you want to call it when he switched phones. Maybe they were pertinent, maybe they were not. Maybe it is not a lack of cooperation, but more so an obstruction to the investigation.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what the law suit is about. My understanding is the lawsuit will be about the power the commissioners office has in disciplinary cases. The law suit wont be about whether or not Brady had knowledge of the footballs etc. If that is indeed the case this will have very little to do with deflate-gate as much as it will have to do with procedures for handing down discipline. Don't count on the equipment guys testifying about anything because that is not what the lawsuit will be about.

You are correct, Hellbird. People focused on texts, PSIs, etc. are missing the boat with the upcoming lawsuit in Federal Court. This case will all be about procedure followed by the NFL in levying their suspension. The Wells' report didn't say, "100% Brady, et al. cheated", it just laid out evidence that it was more probable than not that Brady knew what was happening. And Federal Courts are not typically in the business of trying to overrule collectively bargained appealed decisions.

You are correct, Hellbird. People focused on texts, PSIs, etc. are missing the boat with the upcoming lawsuit in Federal Court. This case will all be about procedure followed by the NFL in levying their suspension. The Wells' report didn't say, "100% Brady, et al. cheated", it just laid out evidence that it was more probable than not that Brady knew what was happening. And Federal Courts are not typically in the business of trying to overrule collectively bargained appealed decisions.

*Cough* Bountygate *Cough*