Brady Rebuttal To 4 Game Suspension

Bingo.

Perception doesn't matter in the court of law and which is why Brady was smart to destroy his phone because he knows they will never be able to prove it. However perception does say if you truly were innocent then you have nothing to hide. So in the court of law he will be fine. However I have always been a Brady fan but I hate how he went about it. Just admit it and move on, even if he admitted it, it would not have effected his legacy like steroids did for baseball players. His handling of it is my biggest problem. However smart on his end.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? The majority of players have even said things and posting things on twitter wanting this suspension to stand. Players and owners are actually for this suspension unless your A patriot.

Because this case sets a precedence for a punitive decision driven by agenda rather than actual rule violation. An agenda like, oh, The Patriots have been winning for so long, lets take them down! Punitive decisions motivated by influencing competition. Is that what we want?

Sorry, but wasn't it Kraft who called out the NFL when this first came to light and when he did he said he wanted an apology from the league offices if the investigation found no wrong doing? Then when they did find wrongdoing Kraft never apologized for his words against the NFL? Everytime he opens his mouth it gives me more and more reasons to dislike him. Is Goodell an idiot? Yes but that doesn't make him the only idiot in this case....Kraft is doing a pretty good job of it himself.

What wrong doing are you talking about? I know it's not Wells making the referee say his best recollection was wrong and he used a different gauge than he said he used. I know it's not all the independent scientists not paid to agree with the NFL shaming the science the Wells report used. So what is it?

Brady may have handled this wrong but the NFL had the texts from the "deflator" to and from Brady. If there were deleted or missing texts they would have easily seen that, and they for sure would have leaked that info then put it in the report. There weren't so they fudged the science and math. It's that simple.

Because this case sets a precedence for a punitive decision driven by agenda rather than actual rule violation. An agenda like, oh, The Patriots have been winning for so long, lets take them down! Punitive decisions motivated by influencing competition. Is that what we want?

Do you really believe that? If that were the case and the NFL was "out to get" the Patriots to keep them from winning all the time then they would have suspended Brady for the SB.

Your conspiracy theory is entertaining though.

Do you really believe that? If that were the case and the NFL was "out to get" the Patriots to keep them from winning all the time then they would have suspended Brady for the SB.

Your conspiracy theory is entertaining though.

The ownerships pushing hardest for the suspension were in Indianapolis and Baltimore. You figure it out!

Goodell and Kraft are great friends or atleast were. So no I don't think for a second Goodell went after them just because. He went after them because for a second time the Pats have broken rules that could give them a competitive advantage. Just like gambling is such a no no for players because they wouldn't want someone possibly throwing a game that impacts the game. Just like the Pats spygate thing gave them a competitive advantage. This thing could give them an advantage because it is easier to grip. Not to mention highly doubtful this was the first time this happened. This was probably common practice for them especially in cold weather game i doubt it was the first time they decided to have the equipment managers wait until after the balls were checked and then go in the restroom to deflate them. This was probably common practice and who knows for how long.

The Pats are a great team and they will push the limits to gain any advantage which is not a bad thing. However as the commish it is his job to make sure its an even playing field with no competitive advantage and now twice things have happened with the Pats.

The ownerships pushing hardest for the suspension were in Indianapolis and Baltimore. You figure it out!

The colts game wouldn't have mattered but the Ravens game it could have. So why should a team like Ravens not push for it if the Pats possibly had a competitive advantage by breaking the rules?

IT doesn't matter if Brady is fine with the outcome and this outcome and decision implicates Brady to at least having knowledge of the situation.

You are right that he didn't have to turn over the phone, but you are wrong when you say perception shouldn't matter. It matters a lot if you are trying to prove your innocence and all he had to do to prove that was turn over his phone and cooperate fully.

It simply comes down to this, if I was being accused of something that I said I didn't do then to clear my name I would turn over my phone if it meant clearing my name. Simple as that.

so to say it shouldn't matter technically you could argue is true, but it's not fact. the fact is perception does matter in this case.

Yes HB you might turn it over to investigators. But there are plenty of people that wouldn't due to it is none of their business and the NFL has no right to see it.

The huge stumbling block for Brady is the Collective Bargaining Agreement giving the Commissioner the power to hear appeals. Don't blame the Commish or NFL on that, blame the NFLPA. As the article stated, judges tend to not get involved in Collectively bargained stuff.

What an absolute mess this has become over really nothing IMO. Like Goodell or not is not the issue, like Brady or not is not the issue. The issue is can the Commish hear the appeal. Gonna be tough and interesting.

Glad to see Brady stick to his guns on this. Goodell looks like a moron, once again. 4 games for a couple of psi and the same for beating up your wife/girlfriend? Please. I think we can decide this in a twitter poll pretty quickly.

In NFL terms, if what Brady is accused of is true it is way way way worse than what Hardy or Rice did because it undermines the integrity of the game.

"Tom's phone billing record from this timeframe shows that he never spoke on the phone or texted with McNally, ever," Yee said. "Tom's phone billing record shows that nearly every communication with Jastremki was already in possession of Wells' team with exception of three texts between Tom and Jastremski on Feb. 7. Every other communication he ever had with Jastremski in that time period was already in the hands of Wells' team. They also had any communication between Tom and the equipment manager (Dave) Schoenfeld."

"Tom's phone billing record from this timeframe shows that he never spoke on the phone or texted with McNally, ever," Yee said. "Tom's phone billing record shows that nearly every communication with Jastremki was already in possession of Wells' team with exception of three texts between Tom and Jastremski on Feb. 7. Every other communication he ever had with Jastremski in that time period was already in the hands of Wells' team. They also had any communication between Tom and the equipment manager (Dave) Schoenfeld."

That part would seem to blow @futurecoach's contention that he didn't provide them with everything out of the water...:idunno: