Brady Rebuttal To 4 Game Suspension

I thought this meaty enough to merit its own thread.

"I am very disappointed by the NFL’s decision to uphold the 4 game suspension against me. I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either.

Despite submitting to hours of testimony over the past 6 months, it is disappointing that the Commissioner upheld my suspension based upon a standard that it was “probable” that I was “generally aware” of misconduct. The fact is that neither I, nor any equipment person, did anything of which we have been accused. He dismissed my hours of testimony and it is disappointing that he found it unreliable."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady is a cheater

Patriots cheat

Would have been very easy for Brady to clear his name if he was innocent. He did everything possible to hide the evidence of his guilt or at least that is what it looks like and that is his fault for choosing the path he chose.

Brady is a cheater

Patriots cheat

Would have been very easy for Brady to clear his name if he was innocent. He did everything possible to hide the evidence of his guilt or at least that is what it looks like and that is his fault for choosing the path he chose.

Brady disagrees. We will all find out when the two former Pats locker attendants testify under oath and their phone records are subpoenaed. We will also find out a lot when Goodell is forced to testify under oath.

Why is it that The NFL was influential in the firings of ESPN personalities that were critical of the NFL during a period that coincided with this SMEAR CAMPAIGN (sorry, the word investigation does not apply here!).

The NFL has turned ESPN into its own propaganda machine!

Roger Goodell sucks. If it wasn't for fantasy football, I'd almost never watch the NFL.

Everything Goodell does is wrong or inconsistent and he has the attitude that makes those type of decision-making inadequacies 100 times less tolerable.

If the NFL wanted those texts so badly, why did they not confiscate the phones of the locker room attendants while they were still employed by the league? Hey Roger, texts are both sent and received!

Maybe because they aren't covered by the CBA and the league couldn't "Force" them to do anything. I don't know if that's why but that would be my guess.

At this point this has very little to do with the actual balls, but everything to do with Brady/Pats lack of cooperation. That is what the penalty is for IMO.

Which is not a good thing for the NFL IMO. There's been lack of cooperation in the past. Never any penalty that came close to this. Also, if Brady's statement is true that they provided them with text messages and a list of people that he communicated with, I'm not sure that's a lack of cooperation.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what the law suit is about. My understanding is the lawsuit will be about the power the commissioners office has in disciplinary cases. The law suit wont be about whether or not Brady had knowledge of the footballs etc. If that is indeed the case this will have very little to do with deflate-gate as much as it will have to do with procedures for handing down discipline. Don't count on the equipment guys testifying about anything because that is not what the lawsuit will be about.

Which is not a good thing for the NFL IMO. There's been lack of cooperation in the past. Never any penalty that came close to this. Also, if Brady's statement is true that they provided them with text messages and a list of people that he communicated with, I'm not sure that's a lack of cooperation.

There has been a ton of suspensions much greater than 4 games. Also if you think having Brady supply a spreadsheet with the names of people he had communication with is the end all be all of cooperation then that is being pretty naive. You don't think he could have very easily left off the spreadsheet any communications that would be damaging to him reference this case? Come on now. That is like, as I said earlier, believing Hillary Clinton when she refused to turn over her computer but instead gave printouts of her emails....you think they were al her emails she turned over? No. Same as Brady.

True, NFL has been inconsistent in the past. But some guys also got longer than 4 games in some cases due partially to not being cooperative. If Brady did turn over everything the NFL requested then they would be hanging themselves for calling him out for destroying his phone the day he was supposed to talk to them. I find it hard to believe that destroying the phone that day was a coincidence.

Tom had a chance to let the NFL look at his phone in his and his lawyers presence and refused. Now several months later he said he didn't turn it over to protect other players in the future, that would be easier to believe if he said protecting other players rights was the reason he didn't turn it over months ago. Now it just looks like he's trying to drum up support from fellow players.

True, NFL has been inconsistent in the past. But some guys also got longer than 4 games in some cases due partially to not being cooperative. If Brady did turn over everything the NFL requested then they would be hanging themselves for calling him out for destroying his phone the day he was supposed to talk to them. I find it hard to believe that destroying the phone that day was a coincidence.

Tom had a chance to let the NFL look at his phone in his and his lawyers presence and refused. Now several months later he said he didn't turn it over to protect other players in the future, that would be easier to believe if he said protecting other players rights was the reason he didn't turn it over months ago. Now it just looks like he's trying to drum up support from fellow players.

But they said he didn't need to turn it over. That he needed to provide them with relevant information only and that they would take his word for it that that was everything. So he turned over communications and a list of everyone he communicated with.