Michael Jackson

mexitucky

Today is the 6th Anniversary of his death. Why is he still celebrated? It is amazing how the public glosses over incidents and glorifies celebrity. If this was some guy down the street he would have been shunned and people would be celebrating the fact that he was dead. However, Jacko gets a pass?

Today is the 6th Anniversary of his death. Why is he still celebrated? It is amazing how the public glosses over incidents and glorifies celebrity. If this was some guy down the street he would have been shunned and people would be celebrating the fact that he was dead. However, Jacko gets a pass?

I wouldnt have been reminded of this fact (or really cared) unless you brought it up, so therefore I blame @mexitucky

I always look at the good works people do in their life, we ALL are sinners, looking at their food works is the main thing that I look at.

I will never "celebrate" anyone's death in the way you are meaning. Having said that, aren't all deaths celebrated? When we are born unto eternal life to forever live with Our Father?

I could care less about the anniversary of his death. Same with Whitney, Elvis, etc. I choose to remember their works. How they dealt with their stardom, wealth, and subsequent fall from the spotlight is not anything that I care to dwell on.

Great topic. Everyone is different. I am indifferent with Michael because he was in my life since I was 6-7 years old and grew up on his music. As he got older and his life became more public it became harder to accept him. I do enjoy his music, I won't be making a Michael Jackson playlist anytime soon though.

Now when it comes to R. Kelly.......it is super hard for me to listen to any of his music anymore. He seems to get a pass also and I don't think he should.

Great topic. Everyone is different. I am indifferent with Michael because he was in my life since I was 6-7 years old and grew up on his music. As he got older and his life became more public it became harder to accept him. I do enjoy his music, I won't be making a Michael Jackson playlist anytime soon though.

Now when it comes to R. Kelly.......it is super hard for me to listen to any of his music anymore. He seems to get a pass also and I don't think he should.

Man there are times it like you are my brother from another mother :lol2:...that is exactly how I feel... I loved R.Kelly...but he is one of a very few artist/actors or whatever that I've completely written off because of their actions away from their craft. Man I still listen to the Dixie Chicks, but can't stomach R. Kelly. There is only one Kelly song I will listen to and it's because of family reasons and has nothing to do with him.

He wasn't some guy down the street... He was Michael Jackson.

So being a pedophile is cool if you can make good music (not saying that you are saying that)? That's rationalization, Clyde nailed it. I can listen to a song and appreciate the beat, but not remember lovingly the person who made it. Yesterday was awful on Sirius.

Is it because his best song reminds you of Michael Jordan? Be honest haha!

Nah, having sex repeatedly with underage girls and peeing on them while videotaping it is kind of a deal breaker for me. In fairness to MJ, nothing R. Kelly has done or said reminds me of MJ.