The latest cops vs. the community video (McKinney, Texas)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the people involed would have acted calm this wouldn't be an issue. You should treat police with respect. Young people should treat elders with respect. My issue is the law doesn't dictate you acting with respect. This may be how this group of young people acts around all people.

For those that don't realize it, in nearly every city in America the position of Police Chief serves at the pleasure of the Mayor. Police Chief's can in almost all cases be fired without cause at the whim of the Mayor. Police Chiefs are becoming more and more politically savvy as a way to hold onto their jobs.

So if you're the police chief of McKinney you'd have defended this officer's actions in a public statement and not fired him?

I think it's too late for that.

That's another ball of wax. My significant other is asian. Her family and her never say one word about feeling that way. Dads a Doc they live in a very nice part of town. There are way less Asians than African Americans in the states. Why don't they protest??

Is this why he drew the gun as Guru said earlier?

11391259_907685492632053_8465772725007659169_n.jpg?oh=e7e776312476024b6f2dd55ce072557d&oe=5632F8CC

Wait, so cop thinks dude has a gun, pulls his weapon, dude with gun runs(because he obviously didn't have a gun), cop then goes back to detaining the girl instead of joining his partner to stop the guy who has a gun?

That's supposed to make me feel better about him doing his job? Granted, I've never been a cop and as pro-police folks like to tell us on here that I don't know what I am talking about but it seems strange that a cop would think someone has a gun on them and all cops wouldn't do what they can to stop that threat. He thinks the guy running has a gun and he sends someone else to chase him? That guy with a gun could have shot 3-4 people by then, including that cop. I don't understand the logic in letting a dude with a gun just run away. Because with this illustration you are providing Wayne Dupree is saying that Casebolt thought the kid was pulling a gun.

Wait, so cop thinks dude has a gun, pulls his weapon, dude with gun runs(because he obviously didn't have a gun), cop then goes back to detaining the girl instead of joining his partner to stop the guy who has a gun?

That's supposed to make me feel better about him doing his job? Granted, I've never been a cop and as pro-police folks like to tell us on here that I don't know what I am talking about but it seems strange that a cop would think someone has a gun on them and all cops wouldn't do what they can to stop that threat. He thinks the guy running has a gun and he sends someone else to chase him? That guy with a gun could have shot 3-4 people by then, including that cop. I don't understand the logic in letting a dude with a gun just run away. Because with this illustration you are providing Wayne Dupree is saying that Casebolt thought the kid was pulling a gun.

I wouldn't read into this part of the incident too much. In short, when you are being approached by fast moving, potential hostiles while you are otherwise engaged detaining someone drawing your service weapon in defense is something you are trained to do. Doesn't mean it is the only response a police officer may have in this case, but it is the ultimate option and although many people (and even some officers) will disagree with it in this case, you can't fault the officer for following his training during such a high stress incident.