Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Liberal college professor afraid of...wait for it...wait for it...

Featured Replies

Maybe it's just me, but my experience in life has been that there is intolerance amongst all groups. Can't say I've ever seen a monopoly of any one large group over another.

 

It's just humorous now that the one side that has been screaming about the other side's intolerance, now that their views are being more accepted by society, they are being hypocritical in how they have embraced intolerance and are mastering it in very quick fashion.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exhibit A...

 

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by All Tell viewpost-right.png

It's just an illustration of what I've long believed. Liberals are the most intolerant people of anyone.

 

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Run To State viewpost-right.png

Without question.

 

If you feel you are among that group, that's on you. We are talking about intolerant tolerance preaching liberals and we all know who they are. Why play games?
It's just humorous now that the one side that has been screaming about the other side's intolerance, now that their views are being more accepted by society, they are being hypocritical in how they have embraced intolerance and are mastering it in very quick fashion.

As usual, spoken better than I could have said it.:thumb:

  • Author

I'm going back to 2008 when I was flat told by people on this board that because I opposed Obama I was racist.

 

I'll point to the hypocrisy of people who now say that anyone who has the audacity to still believe that marriage should be between 1 man and one woman are homophobic while their chosen one either A) lied in 2008 to get elected or B) is now playing to his base with his "evolution" (which "tolerant" liberals would call waffling if the "evolved" person was a conservative). I'll bet the Mozilla founder that was forced out of his position for agreeing with Obama in 2008 about this really believes in the tolerance of liberals.

 

I'll point to the way Sarah Palin (who I'm no fan of) was treated by "tolerant" liberals yet we have a liberal member of congress calling one of his own sexist because he had the stones to call Elizabeth Warren by her first name.

 

I'll point to the way anyone who believes in the sanctity of human life in utero or opposes ObamaCare is engaging in a war on women according to "tolerant" liberals.

 

I still stand by my statement.

It's just humorous now that the one side that has been screaming about the other side's intolerance, now that their views are being more accepted by society, they are being hypocritical in how they have embraced intolerance and are mastering it in very quick fashion.

 

Both sides are intolerant on many issues -- that's not exactly breaking news.

Both sides are intolerant on many issues -- that's not exactly breaking news.

 

You are correct but what is ironic (hypocritical really) is how one side for decades has been preaching tolerance and acceptance of views different from the ones of past societal norm and now they are suddenly on a witch hunt for anyone of differing views i.e. the FORMER CEO of Mozzilla, the mom and pop shop pizza joint in South Bend, the way Pruett Cathy (I think that is the name of the founder of Chick Filet)was demonized, etc..

 

If someone doesn't like the policies of these companies, don't buy their products and encourage others with similar views to also not buy their products. When I found out Sam Adams financially supports Planned Parenthood, I have not bought or drank a drop of Sam Adams since and encourage other Pro Life people to do the same. And trust me, I miss Sam Adams beer! However, you won't see me trying to demonize the founders of Sam Adams like these "tolerant" people are.

  • Author
You are correct but what is ironic (hypocritical really) is how one side for decades has been preaching tolerance and acceptance of views different from the ones of past societal norm and now they are suddenly on a witch hunt for anyone of differing views i.e. the FORMER CEO of Mozzilla, the mom and pop shop pizza joint in South Bend, the way Pruett Cathy (I think that is the name of the founder of Chick Filet)was demonized, etc..

 

If someone doesn't like the policies of these companies, don't buy their products and encourage others with similar views to also not buy their products. When I found out Sam Adams financially supports Planned Parenthood, I have not bought or drank a drop of Sam Adams since and encourage other Pro Life people to do the same. And trust me, I miss Sam Adams beer! However, you won't see me trying to demonize the founders of Sam Adams like these "tolerant" people are.

 

 

Didn't know that about Sam Adams. And I just found out today that New Belgium Brewery makers of my new favorite beer financially support a group in Colorado who's stated goal is to put the coal industry out of business and to fight any effort to get oil anywhere else in the United States. What am I to do?

As far as intolerance, Republicans fare far worse than Democrats, according to a Pew Research poll (Feb. '15):

 

"Compared to the GOP, Democrats are 24 points more likely to be perceived as tolerant and open to all groups of people, and 17 points more likely to be seen as caring about the middle class. They're also 14 points less likely to be perceived as being too extreme."

 

Kind of shoots down the "both sides are intolerant" argument.

  • Author

No it really doesn't. Take you for example, how many insults do you lob at people who are ideologically opposed to you? From this very thread:

 

I also have no idea what this discussion is about, but as long as the ragin' righties can have a "mass vent," then I guess it's therapeutic.

 

 

 

And before you say it I know I do. I don't try to deny it or make excuses for it as I'm sure you will. I used to be one of you but I grew up.

All Tell likely goes to bed at night thinking about those damn liberals and his first thought when he awakes in the morning is those gosh darn liberals. :) [video=youtube;hIs5StN8J-0]

  • Author

Not really. And based on some of your posts in the religion thread I'd say you have little or no room to speak to anyone about either tolerance or obsession.

No it really doesn't. Take you for example, how many insults do you lob at people who are ideologically opposed to you?

Never let the facts stand in the way of a partisan bash. Carry on.

  • Author
Never let the facts stand in the way of a partisan bash. Carry on.

 

You would certainly know more about that then I since I took a page out of your playbook.

Amplifying on post 53, 24 points?! That's stratospheric. You think that perhaps Romney's 47 percent remark still resonates with voters? Yep.

As far as intolerance, Republicans fare far worse than Democrats, according to a Pew Research poll (Feb. '15):

 

"Compared to the GOP, Democrats are 24 points more likely to be perceived as tolerant and open to all groups of people, and 17 points more likely to be seen as caring about the middle class. They're also 14 points less likely to be perceived as being too extreme."

 

Kind of shoots down the "both sides are intolerant" argument.

Reality and perception are two VERY different things.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.