Liberal college professor afraid of...wait for it...wait for it...

All Tell

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To paraphrase Gollum in LOTR,

"No food, no rest, nothing for Papa" said Papa. "He's intolerant."

"Don't take names to yourself, Smeagol," Rockmom said. "It's unwise, whether they are true or false."

"Papa has to take what's given to him," answered Papa. "He was given that name by kind Masters AT and RTS, the hobbits that know so much.”

:D

And I don't consider myself racist, xenophobic, homophobic of any of the other things that I as a conservative have been accused of being by liberals.

And you won't find that I ever accused you of such.

And you probably won't find that I have painted every single conservative with that broad a brush, either. If I have, I offer a sincere apology.

Maybe it's just me, but my experience in life has been that there is intolerance amongst all groups. Can't say I've ever seen a monopoly of any one large group over another.

Yep.

Hard to tell from what I read here, however.

Jerry Seinfeld: Political Correctness Will Destroy Comedy

Jerry Seinfeld believes political correctness has put comedy on a self-destructive path.

During a recent ESPN interview, host Colin Cowherd mentioned to Seinfeld that Chris Rock and Larry the Cable Guy intentionally don't perform at college campuses because the students are too politically correct.

"I don't play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me, 'Don't go near colleges. They're so PC,'" said Seinfeld.

He continued, "I'll give you an example: My daughter's 14. My wife says to her, 'Well, you know, in the next couple years, I think maybe you're going to want to be hanging around the city more on the weekends, so you can see boys.' You know what my daughter says? She says, 'That's sexist.'"

Seinfeld said college students don't understand racism and sexism. "They just want to use these words: 'That's racist;' 'That's sexist;' 'That's prejudice.' They don't even know what the (heck) they're talking about."

When Cowherd asked Seinfeld if he thinks being too PC is hurting comedy he said it is. In another part of the interview the comedian said, "I have no interest in gender or race or anything like that. But everyone else is kind of,

with their calculating - is this the exact right mix? I think that's - to me it's anti-comedy. It's more about PC-nonsense."

Is being "politically correct" a liberal thing, a conservative thing, or neither? I don't know.

Political correctness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I posted that because like the original post it was a "College Thing" as far as for the rest I think all sides have PC issues that they get their panties in a wad over...IMO it's not entirely a Right or Left thing.

Yep.

Hard to tell from what I read here, however.

Hold on now. If both sides are intolerant, wouldn't it simply be a better practice to simply stop crying that the other is intolerant? Seems that comes from your side more often than towards your side papa. I think you should be able to agree with that notion at the least.

Hold on now. If both sides are intolerant, wouldn't it simply be a better practice to simply stop crying that the other is intolerant? Seems that comes from your side more often than towards your side papa. I think you should be able to agree with that notion at the least.

Hard to argue that.:thumb:

Exhibit A...

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by All Tell viewpost-right.png

It's just an illustration of what I've long believed. Liberals are the most intolerant people of anyone.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Run To State viewpost-right.png

Without question.

Haven't read the original link but this thread exemplifies some of my biggest issues with politics. Anybody that wholly agrees with one party's position isn't thinking enough on their own.

Even ol' pappy sided with the Republican side something like 7 percent of the time according to that questionnaire we did a few weeks back.:thumb: