Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Liberal college professor afraid of...wait for it...wait for it...

Featured Replies

  • Author
Amplifying on post 53, 24 points?! That's stratospheric. You think that perhaps Romney's 47 percent remark still resonates with voters? Yep.

 

Let's get back to the original point of this thread and talk about the intolerance of liberals like yourself. Truth be told when I started this thread one person jumped to mind. If you want to start another thread feel free. For instance why do you feel it reflects tolerance and open mindedness to be as insulting to people who have different views then you do?

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And old conservatives eat their young...

 

Burp! Excuse me.

Didn't know that about Sam Adams. And I just found out today that New Belgium Brewery makers of my new favorite beer financially support a group in Colorado who's stated goal is to put the coal industry out of business and to fight any effort to get oil anywhere else in the United States. What am I to do?

 

No more Fat Tire Beer for you my friend. However, we both know someone who of someone who's frequent traveling takes her to places she can pick up Yeungling (sp?). Yeungling is a fine substitute.

As far as intolerance, Republicans fare far worse than Democrats, according to a Pew Research poll (Feb. '15):

 

"Compared to the GOP, Democrats are 24 points more likely to be perceived as tolerant and open to all groups of people, and 17 points more likely to be seen as caring about the middle class. They're also 14 points less likely to be perceived as being too extreme."

 

Kind of shoots down the "both sides are intolerant" argument.

You proved the entire point with this post yet think somehow you did the opposite, which is straight comedy.
  • Author
No more Fat Tire Beer for you my friend. However, we both know someone who of someone who's frequent traveling takes her to places she can pick up Yeungling (sp?). Yeungling is a fine substitute.

 

Got a case waiting at her place for me.

You proved the entire point with this post yet think somehow you did the opposite, which is straight comedy.

Huh? Better diagram your logic for me.

Huh? Better diagram your logic for me.

 

Read post 46 by Bert, which is the crux of the discussion. Then read your gem at 53 and tell me where you did anything but prove Bert's point?

Not really. And based on some of your posts in the religion thread I'd say you have little or no room to speak to anyone about either tolerance or obsession.

 

 

No, I think some confuse intolerance with just a passionate disagreeing position . For example, I have never smoked, never will, and I oppose every nasty thing affiliated with the act. I maybe even tell you how foolish I think you are for engaging in the habit. However, as long as your disgusting habit doesn't harm my health, I have no problem with you smoking all you want. I believe you should be able to do anything you want as long as you don't harm others. Some would label me intolerant for coming down on smokers, yet I believe I am tolerant because I am all for smokers being able to puff away as long as anyone else's health is not compromised.

In like manner, I am very anti-religion(not anti-spiritual). I don't like much of anything that I see from man's religion and I have told you as much on here many times, often pretty bluntly. Just like with the nasty habit of cigarette smoking, I may tell you that I personally find religion a foolish exercise, but I am all for you to practice whatever said exercise that makes you feel good. I have some wonderful friends who smoke, some great friends that are fervent and sincere practitioners of religion, and some who both smoke and practice religion. Just because I find both acts unproductive and rather foolish doesn't mean that I am intolerant. I am for anyone choosing to do anything they feel works for them in this life. I am also a big advocate for being able to express a passionate opinion to the contrary without being labeled intolerant. As a liberal , I am open to you doing or believing most anything you want. Choose to continue or terminate a pregnancy...your choice. Choose to marry a man , a woman, hermaphrodite... I'm all for it...your choice. Worship Jesus, Mary, Allah, Yaweh, the Great Pyramids, the Pink Panther, or Joakim Noah... I don't give a damn. I am all for you bowing down to whomever or whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I think that is the definition of being tolerant. Doesn't mean I have to agree or doesn't mean I can't express my opinion on the matter but I'm all about your right to engage in whatever act you want as long as it doesn't harm me or my loved ones. Those who bomb abortion clinics are intolerant. Those who blocked the doors so blacks couldn't attend college were intolerant. A fellow mathematician , Ted Kazinsky, now he was intolerant. The boys who tortured and tied Matthew Shepard to a fence a fence and left him to die... Intolerant! ISIS- they sure as hell are intolerant. But those who believe it is well within your right to do any thing, no matter how foolish or disgusting, that makes you happy... Not intolerant. I may disagree and tell you so but if it works for you, I say go for it!

This liberal is all about tolerance.

Edited by Science Friction

Read post 46 by Bert, which is the crux of the discussion. Then read your gem at 53 and tell me where you did anything but prove Bert's point?

I'm confused. If it takes 46 posts to finally get to the crux of the discussion, what are posts 1-45 about?

 

By the way, were you as shocked as I was by the 24-point tolerance gap cited in post 53? That's about as big as Secretariat's winning margin in the '73 Belmont.

  • Author
No, I think some confuse intolerance with just a passionate disagreeing position . For example, I have never smoked, never will, and I oppose every nasty thing affiliated with the act. I maybe even tell you how foolish I think you are for engaging in the habit. However, as long as your disgusting habit doesn't harm my health, I have no problem with you smoking all you want. I believe you should be able to do anything you want as long as you don't harm others. Some would label me intolerant for coming down on smokers, yet I believe I am tolerant because I am all for smokers being able to puff away as long as anyone else's health is not compromised.

In like manner, I am very anti-religion(not anti-spiritual). I don't like much of anything that I see from man's religion and I have told you as much on here many times, often pretty bluntly. Just like with the nasty habit of cigarette smoking, I may tell you that I personally find religion a foolish exercise, but I am all for you to practice whatever said exercise that makes you feel good. I have some wonderful friends who smoke, some great friends that are fervent and sincere practitioners of religion, and some who both smoke and practice religion. Just because I find both acts unproductive and rather foolish doesn't mean that I am intolerant. I am for anyone choosing to do anything they feel works for them in this life. I am also a big advocate for being able to express a passionate opinion to the contrary without being labeled intolerant. As a liberal , I am open to you doing or believing most anything you want. Choose to continue or terminate a pregnancy...your choice. Choose to marry a man , a woman, hermaphrodite... I'm all for it...your choice. Worship Jesus, Mary, Allah, Yaweh, the Great Pyramids, the Pink Panther, or Joakim Noah... I don't give a damn. I am all for you bowing down to whomever or whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I think that is the definition of being tolerant. Doesn't mean I have to agree or doesn't mean I can't express my opinion on the matter but I'm all about your right to engage in whatever act you want as long as it doesn't harm me or my loved ones. Those who bomb abortion clinics are intolerant. Those who blocked the doors so blacks couldn't attend college were intolerant. A fellow mathematician , Ted Kazinsky, now he was intolerant. The boys who tortured and tied Matthew Shepard to a fence a fence and left him to die... Intolerant! ISIS- they sure as hell are intolerant. But those who believe it is well within your right to do any thing, no matter how foolish or disgusting, that makes you happy... Not intolerant. I may disagree and tell you so but if it works for you, I say go for it!

This liberal is all about tolerance.

 

So in the Science Fiction world it's perfectly tolerant to make light of people's beliefs if they are in opposition to your own? In fact I would say that the 2 loudest liberals on this board have proven my point in this thread although in their closed minds I'm sure they don't see it.

So in the Science Fiction world it's perfectly tolerant to make light of people's beliefs if they are in opposition to your own? In fact I would say that the 2 loudest liberals on this board have proven my point in this thread although in their closed minds I'm sure they don't see it.

 

 

You're half right... I don't see it! I don't think you have proved anything other than your obsession with liberals.

As far as intolerance, Republicans fare far worse than Democrats, according to a Pew Research poll (Feb. '15):

 

"Compared to the GOP, Democrats are 24 points more likely to be perceived as tolerant and open to all groups of people, and 17 points more likely to be seen as caring about the middle class. They're also 14 points less likely to be perceived as being too extreme."

 

Kind of shoots down the "both sides are intolerant" argument.

 

It would strongly depend on who was polled, how the question was posed and who did and didn't respond. Even after all of that it's still just a poll and certainly doesn't make it fact. So the answer to your question is no, it shoots nothing down. Also, count me as one who also agrees that both you and Science Friction have proven Bert right.

No, I think some confuse intolerance with just a passionate disagreeing position . For example, I have never smoked, never will, and I oppose every nasty thing affiliated with the act. I maybe even tell you how foolish I think you are for engaging in the habit. However, as long as your disgusting habit doesn't harm my health, I have no problem with you smoking all you want. I believe you should be able to do anything you want as long as you don't harm others. Some would label me intolerant for coming down on smokers, yet I believe I am tolerant because I am all for smokers being able to puff away as long as anyone else's health is not compromised.

In like manner, I am very anti-religion(not anti-spiritual). I don't like much of anything that I see from man's religion and I have told you as much on here many times, often pretty bluntly. Just like with the nasty habit of cigarette smoking, I may tell you that I personally find religion a foolish exercise, but I am all for you to practice whatever said exercise that makes you feel good. I have some wonderful friends who smoke, some great friends that are fervent and sincere practitioners of religion, and some who both smoke and practice religion. Just because I find both acts unproductive and rather foolish doesn't mean that I am intolerant. I am for anyone choosing to do anything they feel works for them in this life. I am also a big advocate for being able to express a passionate opinion to the contrary without being labeled intolerant. As a liberal , I am open to you doing or believing most anything you want. Choose to continue or terminate a pregnancy...your choice. Choose to marry a man , a woman, hermaphrodite... I'm all for it...your choice. Worship Jesus, Mary, Allah, Yaweh, the Great Pyramids, the Pink Panther, or Joakim Noah... I don't give a damn. I am all for you bowing down to whomever or whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I think that is the definition of being tolerant. Doesn't mean I have to agree or doesn't mean I can't express my opinion on the matter but I'm all about your right to engage in whatever act you want as long as it doesn't harm me or my loved ones. Those who bomb abortion clinics are intolerant. Those who blocked the doors so blacks couldn't attend college were intolerant. A fellow mathematician , Ted Kazinsky, now he was intolerant. The boys who tortured and tied Matthew Shepard to a fence a fence and left him to die... Intolerant! ISIS- they sure as hell are intolerant. But those who believe it is well within your right to do any thing, no matter how foolish or disgusting, that makes you happy... Not intolerant. I may disagree and tell you so but if it works for you, I say go for it!

This liberal is all about tolerance.

Belittling and ridiculing someone because of their belief system is not tolerance. You claim that its fine with you what someone believes yet you poke fun at it in the same breath. You simply don't know what tolerance is IMO. I've had discussions with people that have similar feelings about religion as you, they've never acted towards me or others the way you do on here on the subject. The reason why is they actually practice tolerance.

It would strongly depend on who was polled, how the question was posed and who did and didn't respond. Even after all of that it's still just a poll and certainly doesn't make it fact. So the answer to your question is no, it shoots nothing down. Also, count me as one who also agrees that both you and Science Friction have proven Bert right.

And to think I haven't even started to hammer away yet on the 14-point extremist gap that Republicans face. Better save that for another day lest more Pachyderms have trouble sleeping tonight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.