Best quarterback next season?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of many factors. Each position has a profile of what a kid in the position looks like.

I agree 100%. 6'1 at QB maybe. 6'2 and up the idea QB. That's why we don't see under 6'0 o-lineman. As a drop back QB you have to be able to see over your D1 line. 6'4 and up.

I agree 100%. 6'1 at QB maybe. 6'2 and up the idea QB. That's why we don't see under 6'0 o-lineman. As a drop back QB you have to be able to see over your D1 line. 6'4 and up.

Again, 5 of the top 10 2016 dropback are under 6'4.

One of many factors. Each position has a profile of what a kid in the position looks like.

This is what people on BGPS are not getting. There is a mold you need to fit. If you don't fit that mold your not a player of intrest. nothing against how good or the numbers a kid has. Just a fact of how it works.

I agree, the measurables are what get you in the door. You have to have the skills once you are there. Without those measurables, it is an uphill climb to get noticed and recruited. If someone has size and speed but raw skill, some coaches will take you just as a project, for the "upside."

I agree, the measurables are what get you in the door. You have to have the skills once you are there. Without those measurables, it is an uphill climb to get noticed and recruited. If someone has size and speed but raw skill, some coaches will take you just as a project, for the "upside."

Height is something that coaches look for but it's not a dealbreaker.

SEC last year:

Mauk 6'0

Prescott 6'2

Marshall 6'1

Jennings 6'2

Sims 6'0

Hill 6'1

Those are QBs in the SEC last year.

You do not have to be 6'4 to 6'6.

Really? 23000 yards as a freshman? That sounds rather impressive. :D

He was blowing it up from the get go, too. Game 1 vs Caldwell last year....dropped the mic and walked off the stage. "Here I am ______________...here I am". (Any Bernie Mac fans will get that).

• 2 weeks later...

Ray Zuberer could have another great season. A bigger OL was one of the concerns for Coach Edge last year. This year Catholic has a bigger OL. If they can protect longer then 3.5 seconds. Zuberer will pick people apart. He won't have to be part of run game like last year or him running around. A good Run game will benefit them so much and this year might be it. Regardless, the kid is special to watch. He will play Baseball for Louisville or WKU. Should be fun to watch him.