Best quarterback next season?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would AGREE that Robbins is by far the best " athlete " in the state, but just not the best QB. The kid can play any position from QB, WR, RB and DB. One of the better athlete I have seen in a while. Definitely my front runner at KY Mr. Football.

Here is Scouts listing of quarterbacks in Kentucky for 16 and 17 in case anyone wants to look at some names from across the state.

Scout.com: Football Recruiting

Scout.com: Football Recruiting

The fact that the state has only one player even rated on the Scout site, 2 star, shows the overall lack of elite level talent in Kentucky high school football.

The fact that the state has only one player even rated on the Scout site, 2 star, shows the overall lack of elite level talent in Kentucky high school football.

Some kids have not put there info on there.

Quite honestly these don't mean much to me. Seen plenty of Ky kids perform very well at camps against supposed ranked competition. QB is the roughest to gauge because it is not really about 40 times, leaping ability, etc. It is more about reading defenses and delivering the right throw, making plays -- things that are not measured in a combine. Some kids can't go to "elite" camps, combines or don't care to. Not even sure how each recruiting service does the rankings/star ratings -- criteria? Go Hard Elite Future Stars 7v7 team (Louisville team) won Knoxville tourney a few weeks ago (versus teams from Chicago/Michigan/Indiana/Tennesee) and will be competing in the National tourney in Florida in June. We have athletes who can compete at any level at all positions!

The Daviess County Quarterback Adam Bouchard had a solid sophomore year with 2509 yards and 24 TD’s. He has the Potential to be a standout quarterback this coming season. The kid is good size 6’2 170 and a good athlete. He is also on the track team and was fifth in the high jump last week in the State AAA Track meet. Also going to the Elite 11 competition at Ohio State this weekend.

Quite honestly these don't mean much to me. Seen plenty of Ky kids perform very well at camps against supposed ranked competition. QB is the roughest to gauge because it is not really about 40 times, leaping ability, etc. It is more about reading defenses and delivering the right throw, making plays -- things that are not measured in a combine. Some kids can't go to "elite" camps, combines or don't care to. Not even sure how each recruiting service does the rankings/star ratings -- criteria? Go Hard Elite Future Stars 7v7 team (Louisville team) won Knoxville tourney a few weeks ago (versus teams from Chicago/Michigan/Indiana/Tennesee) and will be competing in the National tourney in Florida in June. We have athletes who can compete at any level at all positions!

That sounds extremely interesting, where could I read up more on that? I wasn't even aware it was a thing.

Best QB is so hard to evaluate.

Conner Hempel played at Ryle. Threw for about 1,000 yards his senior year (power running game offense). However, he had D1 offers from WKU, MAC schools, and Harvard. Ended up at Harvard and started on Ivy League champs for 2 years. Had a tryout with Colts.

So he could play. He just didn't have gaudy numbers.