2007 Top 100 NFL Draft Prospects

NHS BIG DADDY

I wonder why they didn't just go ahead and included underclassmen too. You know Brohm, Calvin Johnson, and Adrian Peterson would surpass almost every name on that list.

Most said the samething about Lienhart last year and look what bone head move he made.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 Notre Dame players in the top 100. That's quite an improvement from recent years.

With the recruiting class Weiss is working on, it may stay that way or improve over time.

I'm not sure how Leinart's situation is in any way similar to the comment I made.

Most if not all thought Leinart would come out as a junior and he didn't. Probably the reason they don't include juniors. You never know if they are or aren't coming out.

Most if not all thought Leinart would come out as a junior and he didn't. Probably the reason they don't include juniors. You never know if they are or aren't coming out.

I see. I just think the list would be better, and more accurate, to include underclassmen, because while Leinart may not have gone, there were a lot that did. It makes the potential draft look much weaker than it actually will be. They should have called it the Top 100 Senior Draft Prospects. :D

I don't get how they can rank Troy Smith that high....

He is an effective college quarterback, but wouldn't he have the same marks against him as the likes of Michael Robinson, Brad Smith, and Reggie McNeal did this year?

I think he is a better passer than those qb's you listed. I dont watch all OSU games but the ones I have watched he seemed like a better passer. The drive he lead the buckeyes on for the game winning TD up in Ann Arbor last year show how good he can throw it. I dont think any of those qb's you listed could have done that with there arms like Smith did.

I see. I just think the list would be better, and more accurate, to include underclassmen, because while Leinart may not have gone, there were a lot that did. It makes the potential draft look much weaker than it actually will be. They should have called it the Top 100 Senior Draft Prospects. :D

Agreed. It would be much more accurate if they would just take that "leap of faith" and assume Peterson, Brohm, and others at their level would be leaving. I believe Lienhart not coming out when he would have been #1 will only make others not make that mistake. This draft would look much much different with the possible Juniors included.

I think he is a better passer than those qb's you listed. I dont watch all OSU games but the ones I have watched he seemed like a better passer. The drive he lead the buckeyes on for the game winning TD up in Ann Arbor last year show how good he can throw it. I dont think any of those qb's you listed could have done that with there arms like Smith did.

You may be right... just what it seems like to me...

By the way... love the avatar...:thumb: :lol:

Agreed. It would be much more accurate if they would just take that "leap of faith" and assume Peterson, Brohm, and others at their level would be leaving. I believe Lienhart not coming out when he would have been #1 will only make others not make that mistake. This draft would look much much different with the possible Juniors included.

So, just for arguments sake...where do you think Brohm, Peterson and Johnson would rank on that list. Those are the three that immediately pop in my head as big time prospects, but I'm sure there are more.

For me personally, I'd say that those three, along with Brady Quinn would be the top 4. The order could be debated I think, but I'd probably go something like

1. Brady Quinn

2. Adrian Peterson

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Brian Brohm

with the knowledge that the order could easily change based on this season. I could see Brohm moving up on that list. I don't see Quinn dropping from that #1 status based on the season, but you never know what will happen when they get to the combine and everything else. Once the nitpicking starts, it never ceases to amaze me what teams end up doing.

So, just for arguments sake...where do you think Brohm, Peterson and Johnson would rank on that list. Those are the three that immediately pop in my head as big time prospects, but I'm sure there are more.

For me personally, I'd say that those three, along with Brady Quinn would be the top 4. The order could be debated I think, but I'd probably go something like

1. Brady Quinn

2. Adrian Peterson

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Brian Brohm

with the knowledge that the order could easily change based on this season. I could see Brohm moving up on that list. I don't see Quinn dropping from that #1 status based on the season, but you never know what will happen when they get to the combine and everything else. Once the nitpicking starts, it never ceases to amaze me what teams end up doing.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I would say if Brohm can have a big year then he could move up to at least #2. Of course it will still all depend on what teams have those picks.