Remember the guy who went off on the Chick-fil-a employee and posted the video?

All Tell

I saw an article about an Indiana pizza place that came out and said they will not cater a gay couple's wedding but would have no problem serving them in their restaurant. Their point was that they do not condone gay marriage due to their religious convictions. My thought was who caters a wedding with pizza? It would be up my alley though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you hire him?

Can't say for sure without knowing what business I'm in and what this guy can do. I just think that for all the 2nd chances given to everyone else in America, why not give one to him? Hell, even Paula Dean got a 2nd chance, not to mention all the sports "heroes", movie stars and entertainers who have committed actual crimes that have gotten a 2nd chance. This country wants to spout off all these Christian views but when it comes right down to it, keeping this guy down is the most unchristian thing I've ever seen. It's not just him that is being punished; he has a wife and kids that didn't do anything wrong. JMO

Can't say for sure without knowing what business I'm in and what this guy can do. I just think that for all the 2nd chances given to everyone else in America, why not give one to him? Hell, even Paula Dean got a 2nd chance, not to mention all the sports "heroes", movie stars and entertainers who have committed actual crimes that have gotten a 2nd chance. This country wants to spout off all these Christian views but when it comes right down to it, keeping this guy down is the most unchristian thing I've ever seen. It's not just him that is being punished; he has a wife and kids that didn't do anything wrong. JMO

I hear you LA but the problem this guy has is that there are not that many $200,000 CFO jobs out there...and if a company is looking for someone for that position, there are usually many qualified people applying who do not have this baggage. I am all for second chances but what about the families of the other qualified candidates that do not have the baggage this guy has? I have said many times on here that I think people want to fire others far more times than necessary. It seems like in some people's eyes that the only option is firing when counseling or a lesser punishment may do. However, this guy really made a mess out of things by posting this on social media. He should serve as a glaring example of what social media can do if you do stupid things.

America is supposed to be the land of second chances. Or eighth chances, if you're Steve Howe.

I hear you LA but the problem this guy has is that there are not that many $200,000 CFO jobs out there...and if a company is looking for someone for that position, there are usually many qualified people applying who do not have this baggage. I am all for second chances but what about the families of the other qualified candidates that do not have the baggage this guy has? I have said many times on here that I think people want to fire others far more times than necessary. It seems like in some people's eyes that the only option is firing when counseling or a lesser punishment may do. However, this guy really made a mess out of things by posting this on social media. He should serve as a glaring example of what social media can do if you do stupid things.

I say hogwash. There are a lot of ridiculously successful companies out there who have people in a lot loftier positions than this guy whose missteps are swept under the rug and they keep on truckin', making gadzillions of dollars and never missing a beat. Some execs get away with murder, literally, and never see hour one of jail time, simply because of correct connections. People who have the power to ruin tens of thousands of lives with the stroke of a pen.

In the grand scheme of things, what this guy did isn't even New Potatoes. For his life to be permanently ruined while others who may have the right last name or correct amount of naked pictures of important people get off scot free for worse just doesn't balance with me.

His problem is that he's the one who put it out there for the world to see. Sure there are others worse but they're smart enough not to put it on YouTube. He wasn't. That alone makes him a bad hire at that level. Poor judgement combined with a bad personality has made him a pariah.

His problem is that he's the one who put it out there for the world to see. Sure there are others worse but they're smart enough not to put it on YouTube. He wasn't. That alone makes him a bad hire at that level. Poor judgement combined with a bad personality has made him a pariah.

Let's explore that theme a bit. There is video evidence of Ronald Reagan admitting he lied about the US involvement in Iran/Contra arms dealings. He got a second chance.

Countless other politicians — many of whom would otherwise be considered great statesmen — have been afforded the same luxuries. Same goes for high-powered people in the business world. People who have the luxury of public relations firms operating on their behalf, cleaning up their messes.

Why do they deserve multiple chances to rehabilitate their image, while this guy deserves no such consideration?

Isn't America the land of second chances?

Let's explore that theme a bit. There is video evidence of Ronald Reagan admitting he lied about the US involvement in Iran/Contra arms dealings. He got a second chance.

Countless other politicians — many of whom would otherwise be considered great statesmen — have been afforded the same luxuries. Same goes for high-powered people in the business world. People who have the luxury of public relations firms operating on their behalf, cleaning up their messes.

Why do they deserve multiple chances to rehabilitate their image, while this guy deserves no such consideration?

In my experience, it depends on which side of the aisle you sit on and which side of the aisle the "offender" sits on.

First in his self serving video he hit a nerve with people. It was a sneak attack on one of the most vulnerable people in the company. Why didn't he take his argument to the corporate offices? People did not like that at all. I personally think of him as a coward. Then he puts it out on the internet to make himself come off as some sort of hero. It all comes down to he's not a person that someone would want to work with, or at least they have other candidates who have not yet proven that they are a jerk.

Second chances are great until you have to be the one to hire them and put your job and your company at risk. It's a bit different than voting for a politician.

But if you are right, where are all the liberals who supported his cause? They at least should be helping him out, right?

If a company wants to take a chance on hiring him so be it. Do they want to deal with the potential backlash?

I say hogwash. There are a lot of ridiculously successful companies out there who have people in a lot loftier positions than this guy whose missteps are swept under the rug and they keep on truckin', making gadzillions of dollars and never missing a beat. Some execs get away with murder, literally, and never see hour one of jail time, simply because of correct connections. People who have the power to ruin tens of thousands of lives with the stroke of a pen.

In the grand scheme of things, what this guy did isn't even New Potatoes. For his life to be permanently ruined while others who may have the right last name or correct amount of naked pictures of important people get off scot free for worse just doesn't balance with me.

I agree with you Shue regarding the corruption of big businesses and politics in general. You said the key words though...you said there are plenty of guys out there "whose missteps are swept under a rug and they keep on truckin". You are totally correct - look at our White House and Capitol right now as well as Wall Street. However, when you do what he did and PUT IT ON YOUTUBE, it cannot be swept under the rug any longer.

I agree with you Shue regarding the corruption of big businesses and politics in general. You said the key words though...you said there are plenty of guys out there "whose missteps are swept under a rug and they keep on truckin". You are totally correct - look at our White House and Capitol right now as well as Wall Street. However, when you do what he did and PUT IT ON YOUTUBE, it cannot be swept under the rug any longer.

Charlie Sheen says you are wrong...