Congress Letter to Tehran

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing better than the "He did it too" defense. Can't I find both of them contemptible?

I was more referring to the tags of unprecedented that people like Biden have used concerning this letter. I find both objectionable, but what I find even more objectionable is the lefts seeming ignorance of history when it suite their needs.

I was more referring to the tags of unprecedented that people like Biden have used concerning this letter. I find both objectionable, but what I find even more objectionable is the lefts seeming ignorance of history when it suite their needs.

I find most politicians everywhere are willfully ignorant of history when it suits their needs.

Looks like you're right and precedent has already been set. I honestly had no clue and took the bait the media fed me. Let the undermining continue then. Carry on.

Looks like liberal hero and secretary killer Ted Kennedy penned a letter to Soviet leadership at the same time Ronald Reagan was negotiating with them. Can you say precedent? Funny how the networks don't say anything about that while vilifying this letter as undermining the president.

LINK

I consider Ted Kennedy one of the more disgusting people to ever serve in Washington, and that's saying a LOT! What he did is certainly disturbing and the fact that our trusty MSM protected him is not at all a surprise considering the D behind his name.

Nothing better than the "He did it too" defense. Can't I find both of them contemptible?

There's no comparing the actions Ted Kennedy took to undermine Reagan to what the GOP Senators did to Obama. Ted Kennedy literally pleaded with the Soviets to intervene in the 84 elections

The current President has shown no serious consideration to include Congress, who formally approves treaties.

There's no comparing the actions Ted Kennedy took to undermine Reagan to what the GOP Senators did to Obama. Ted Kennedy literally pleaded with the Soviets to intervene in the 84 elections

I'm curious as to Kennedy's plans. Do we know what he had in mind? I clicked around everywhere in the links above and couldn't find a copy of either the memorandum the Soviets wrote or Kennedy's original letter. How would his scheme have worked?

I'm curious as to Kennedy's plans. Do we know what he had in mind? I clicked around everywhere in the links above and couldn't find a copy of either the memorandum the Soviets wrote or Kennedy's original letter. How would his scheme have worked?

Ted Kennedy Secretly Asked The Soviets To Intervene In 1984 Elections

First he offered to visit Moscow. “The main purpose of the meeting, according to the senator, would be to arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA.” Kennedy would help the Soviets deal with Reagan by telling them how to brush up their propaganda.

Then he offered to make it possible for Andropov to sit down for a few interviews on American television. “A direct appeal … to the American people will, without a doubt, attract a great deal of attention and interest in the country. … If the proposal is recognized as worthy, then Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y.V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. … The senator underlined the importance that this initiative should be seen as coming from the American side.”

The actual letter:

Letter Details Kennedy Offer To USSR | Sweetness & Light

Yeah but now the precedent is set and the office of the POTUS is no longer an office that carries weight. From now on when Congress disagrees with the POTUS this type of undermining can take place. I don't understand why the military is told to honor and serve every order from the Commander-In-Chief but Congress doesn't. The office of the POTUS is officially irrelevant and it is all because of partisan politics.

Separation of Powers. They are both equal parts of the government. Congress doesn't have to obey the President.