Congress Letter to Tehran

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as judicial review, I see you are in the camp of judicial activism.

No. I am in the camp where an actual case or controversy comes before the court courting either an Appellate role or as an issue of first impression as laid out by the Constitution. Then, and only then, can the court decide the correct interpretation of the Constitution and give it's opinion and holding. They don't need to hear every appeal brought before it. I do want them sticking as closely to the Constitution ' s original intent as possible.

No. I am in the camp where an actual case or controversy comes before the court courting either an Appellate role or as an issue of first impression as laid out by the Constitution. Then, and only then, can the court decide the correct interpretation of the Constitution and give it's opinion and holding. They don't need to hear every appeal brought before it. I do want them sticking as closely to the Constitution ' s original intent as possible.

This we agree on. When you stated the Constitution was a "living, breathing document" I was concerned. Most people who say that are in the camp of judicial activism. They want the Supreme Court legislating from the bench, which has happened and probably will again at some point.

This we agree on. When you stated the Constitution was a "living, breathing document" I was concerned. Most people who say that are in the camp of judicial activism. They want the Supreme Court legislating from the bench, which has happened and probably will again at some point.

I understand the description to be exactly what it says. It is a living document because it can be amended by the people at anytime.

Agreed. So when Obama brings this proposed treaty, the Senate shoots it down...at least that is how it is supposed to work.

The point is he isn't bringing it to the Senate the adminsitration has already said that. This is being pushed through by executive action.

If he planned on getting a Senate vote the would open up communication. As it sits now it has no chance of passing the Senate.

The point is he isn't bringing it to the Senate the adminsitration has already said that. This is being pushed through by executive action.

If he planned on getting a Senate vote the would open up communication. As it sits now it has no chance of passing the Senate.

Again, Obama ignores the Constitution.

If this were a Republican POTUS, the Libs would be screaming for his head.