Mat Latos Speaks Out About The Reds Clubhouse

LOOGY

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Latos almost assuredly will be paid at the same level, most likely more, than Homer. Barring another shortened season of course.

The salary structures these days just astounds me. I wish they would go back to the old days where they had to sell insurance in the offseason. :D

Homer's good is really good. His bad is horrid.

Yep.

And not directed towards you, just as a general statement, but in order to be competitive you have to be willing to pay the going rate on guys. The market tells what's a good deal, and what isn't. Homer would've gotten more on the open market than what the Reds gave him. That makes it a good deal IMO.

Yep.

And not directed towards you, just as a general statement, but in order to be competitive you have to be willing to pay the going rate on guys. The market tells what's a good deal, and what isn't. Homer would've gotten more on the open market than what the Reds gave him. That makes it a good deal IMO.

I concur. And let's be real, look at the market. This ain't the 90's. That's what guys are making. Over the course of a season, his numbers stack up. As an everyday Reds fan, it's the 2-0 lead, walks the first two in the sixth then throws a 4seamer to a guy hitting .220 to give up the lead that rakes me about Homer. But as it stands, he and Cueto will keep the Reds from the cellar in the division, bottom line.

I'm sure many won't agree, but James Shields just got $18M per, and when you really look at his numbers (and his age), is he not pretty comparable to Homer? Now Homer isn't as consistent IMO, but his good is better than Shields' good.

Bottom line, I think they're pretty comparable guys all things considered, and the contracts bear that out.

I have no problem with what he said, because those issues are probably issues that need to be addressed in the clubhouse. However as other's have mentioned he definitely had more than his fair share of problems that he caused too. Which I also have no problem with the current players supporting the club now in defense of what he said. I sure would hope that current players would not go out and agree with him.

I have no problem with what he said, because those issues are probably issues that need to be addressed in the clubhouse. However as other's have mentioned he definitely had more than his fair share of problems that he caused too. Which I also have no problem with the current players supporting the club now in defense of what he said. I sure would hope that current players would not go out and agree with him.

He should have gone to the Crash Davis school of interviews.

Kind of funny coming from Latos... However, he is spot on as far as leadership goes. Scott and Bronson held guys accountable and you have to have that in a locker room. It's time Bruce and Frazier step up.

Sorry but IMO you're huntin' with the wrong dog if you think Bruce will be a leader.

Ok, so I've been thinking about this all day. Is someone, anyone, really dumb enough to bring up clubhouse shenanigans if he got caught getting some in the clubhouse during a game? I just can't believe that.

The answer is obviously yes. I'm sure he thinks it is a well kept secret, but I've heard the same story from three different people that would know if something like that did happen...