Christmas Randoms

Getslow

Nothing cheap about the accessories.

You done good, spin.

Does she like Starbucks? Slide a $10 gift card in the pocket for a cuppa Joe.

Good idea. Might go with a gift card to somewhere nice we can both eat. Carrabas is one of her faves. Thanks for the idea ma'am.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local radio station must have had some kind of contest to vote for the best local choir. Covington Catholic's men's choir won the voting and got $5,000 for their organization. They played some of the choir singing this morning and it was absolutely beautiful! Would love to hear them in the Cathedral!

Congrats blue boys!

Local radio station must have had some kind of contest to vote for the best local choir. Covington Catholic's men's choir won the voting and got $5,000 for their organization. They played some of the choir singing this morning and it was absolutely beautiful! Would love to hear them in the Cathedral!

Congrats blue boys!

It's the third year in a row that they've won. The choir director, Jim Wolfe, has done a FANTASTIC job with the chamber choir at Cov Cath.

My wife and I haven't bought anything for one another for Christmas for several years. I think I'm gonna break that vow this year and get her a purse she has been drooling over. I have no idea who Kate Spade is, but the chick thinks alot of her purses.

My wife and I vacation in January out of the country so that's our gift to one another.

Jim Wolfe?! No wonder they are so good! Jim is a great guy and does an excellent job!

Jim is the best. My youngest was in his first choir at CCH. It is not easy to get an all-boys school to take choir seriously. He does plus he gets boys of all types to gel.

WUOL Radio 90.5 in Louisville had Ballard High School's Madrigal Singers on for a live concert last Wednesday. Their programming gets really great this time of year. Unfortunately the entire performance hasn't been archived yet, but there are a few highlights on YouTube...

Managed to get this onto my phone and listened to it during the ride between Cincinnati and Louisville on Sunday. Orson Welles produced this drama in 1939 and narrated it. The legendary Lionel Barrymore voiced Ebenezer Scrooge. Definitely worth a listen if you can put it on for an hour while you're wrapping gifts or doing something around the house.

Got a shiver when that larger-than-life baritone of Welles came in with "Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatsoever about that..."

Managed to get this onto my phone and listened to it during the ride between Cincinnati and Louisville on Sunday. Orson Welles produced this drama in 1939 and narrated it. The legendary Lionel Barrymore voiced Ebenezer Scrooge. Definitely worth a listen if you can put it on for an hour while you're wrapping gifts or doing something around the house.

Got a shiver when that larger-than-life baritone of Welles came in with "Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatsoever about that..."

OMG you just brought back a flood of memories I forgot all about. My mom and dad used to play the recording of this they had on vinyl back in the 70's every Christmas eve! We used to go out and do caroling at our neighbors (there were 6 of us kids, so it was a mini choir lol) bringing them a can of Christmas Cookies my mom would bake and then after we'd sit in the living room and listen to that. Loved those days!