Protesters shutting down 1-75 in Cincy

SportsGuy41017

Yeah...I'm assuming they want the license plate so they can call who? The police they're protesting about?

Almost sounds like this guy...

?Cop Blocker? Kory Watkins Hit by Drunk Driver After Protesting Police Safety Checkpoint The Shore News Network

The only thing that could top that is if Michael Browns step dad gets trapped under a wall of a building he torches and the police come and pull him out to save his life.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 500 protesters in Cincy at one point. Idiots, idiots, idiots! Walking on an interstate? and any parent who has their child out in this is not fit to have a child, their kids would be better off being taken away. There were tweens and well as younger, as young as a few years old. Are these people serious?

Also, if this was about race, why were about 75%+ white? Most white teens and whites in their 20's. If it was about race, shouldn't there be a lot more black people? The city of Cincinnati, just the city itself has about 300,000 people, 45% are black, that is about 135,000. If this was about race then why out of 135,000 black people in the city (a lot more if you add all the smaller cities) were there less than 100 black people protesting?

Why were many of the protesters white former Cincy Occupy members? Now Awakened Cincinnatians (go look at their FB page, they proudly posted video of them overtaking I-75. These were the same people who accounted for at least 75% of the protesters on Mall Road in Florence about two weeks ago protesting the death of the girl shot by the deputy.

Many of the people only have this group of friends, outside of awakening/ occupy they have no other friends. It's seriously a sad and pathetic club for people that are either lost or can't fit in anywhere else.

How you gonna stand in the road and then get mad when you get ran over??

I had to drive home through some rough areas last night and hadn't thought about it until I turned on my radio. I pretty much made up my mind that if I came across a protest blocking the road there was no way I was stopping. I'll deal with the consequences later.

I honestly thought it was against the law to walk on a freeway.

It is against the law and the chief of police in Cincy is a clown. He didn't have a pair to have them arrested while they blocked southbound. He only gave the go ahead to arrest them after they were climbing over the wall to block North bound. At that time he felt they created a danger. He said it was OK for them to express their emotions!

This is why I say the constitution is an outdated piece of crap. When people exercise their first amendment rights to assemble peaceably you want to run them over with your cars and you hope that someone would run them over yet you talk crap on the looters? That's so backwards.

Dangerously blocking an interstate does not equate to assembling peacefully. And looters aren't protesters, they are criminals who are taking advantage of a situation that they likely care nothing about.

This is why I say the constitution is an outdated piece of crap. When people exercise their first amendment rights to assemble peaceably you want to run them over with your cars and you hope that someone would run them over yet you talk crap on the looters? That's so backwards.

Peacefully protesting and blocking an interstate is one thing. Surrounding my vehicle, rocking it, or trying to break the windows is another. If they want to stand on the highway, fine by me, just leave me alone.

Dangerously blocking an interstate does not equate to assembling peacefully. And looters aren't protesters, they are criminals who are taking advantage of a situation that they likely care nothing about.

Oh, so protestors can block traffic downtown but not on the interstate? Says who? You? The first amendment says I have a right to peaceably assemble. It doesn't specify where.

Where are my consitution chest thumpers to back me up on this one?

Oh, so protestors can block traffic downtown but not on the interstate? Says who? You? The first amendment says I have a right to peaceably assemble. It doesn't specify where.

Where are my consitution chest thumpers to back me up on this one?

Blocking an interstate is not peaceful. It's dangerous and puts lives at risk.

Peacefully protesting and blocking an interstate is one thing. Surrounding my vehicle, rocking it, or trying to break the windows is another. If they want to stand on the highway, fine by me, just leave me alone.

Did that happen at EVERY place that traffic was blocked on the interstate? It happened in more than one place. Once that happens it is no longer a peaceful protest. I've only seen comments here on BGP saying they are stupid for being on the interstate...run them over.....blah blah. How is that midset any different from the looters? That's the point I am making.