Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protesters shutting down 1-75 in Cincy

Featured Replies

  • Replies 212
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did this happen at any of the interstate protests?

 

Not that I've heard of.

This is the image that haunts most as to why they don't slow down for protests gone wrong.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM

 

 

Really broad brush there to compare gang bangers with protestors. At the same time, this case in Ferguson has done nothing but highlight the huge gap that there is between blacks and whites. We'll never be equal and we do good just to co-exist. We definitely don't understand one another nor do we care about each other's perspective. Worst of all, we've all taught our kids the exact same thing so the cycle will continue.

 

 

We have all failed.

We had a guy in Cincy who was accidentally ran over and killed on 1-71 about a month or so ago,created the rubber duck regatta many years ago and did a lot of other good works around the area.

 

About 18 months ago my vehicle broke down at the beginning of the Ohio river on the southbound left lane of the Brent Spence, at about 2am. It isn't the best place in the world to be and be safe. It's on the lines of a death wish.

 

I believe it was last year that a guy was killed when someone barreled into his car that was stopped on 75 due to either a construction or accident delay. That was in broad daylight and construction signs and artemis warnings were up.

Also, don't most highways have signs that strictly prohibit pedestrians from walking/ bicycling on the highway? I know I have seen a few around, and am assuming this is the standard for most highways. That being the case, as a driver on the highway, I do not expect to see people walking in the middle of the highway. Sure, if I see a group of idiots standing in the middle of the road I am going to slow down. But, if they don't get out of the way while I am legally driving down the highway, then they will get hit by my car as a result of their refusal to obey common traffic laws.

 

Trying to compare that to a looter mentality is more than a stretch, its moronic. In one case you have a person who is following laws strikes an idiot who isn't competent enough to follow common traffic laws. On the other hand, you have an idiot who actively goes out of their way to vandalize and steal from a completely innocent bystander. Please tell me again how these two are similar?

Also, don't most highways have signs that strictly prohibit pedestrians from walking/ bicycling on the highway? I know I have seen a few around, and am assuming this is the standard for most highways. That being the case, as a driver on the highway, I do not expect to see people walking in the middle of the highway. Sure, if I see a group of idiots standing in the middle of the road I am going to slow down. But, if they don't get out of the way while I am legally driving down the highway, then they will get hit by my car as a result of their refusal to obey common traffic laws.

 

Trying to compare that to a looter mentality is more than a stretch, its moronic. In one case you have a person who is following laws strikes an idiot who isn't competent enough to follow common traffic laws. On the other hand, you have an idiot who actively goes out of their way to vandalize and steal from a completely innocent bystander. Please tell me again how these two are similar?

 

 

Perspective and perception. Your definition and perspective of what is moronic is the opposite of mine and I wouldn't expect your definition to be similar to mine. We live two different lives with two different life experiences. I wouldn't expect you or many people to agree with what I believe. Unlike you I won't label your faulty views as moronic even though I disagree with them.

This is why I say the constitution is an outdated piece of crap. When people exercise their first amendment rights to assemble peaceably you want to run them over with your cars and you hope that someone would run them over yet you talk crap on the looters? That's so backwards.

 

I love ya man, but the Constitution is anything buy an outdated piece of crap. Check out all other countries and their constitutions. You'll have much more respect for ours. As for being an idiot and protesting on a freeway, there is a "Time,Place,Manner" restriction to free speech. The middle of the interstate doesn't fit in that category.

 

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Time,+Place,+and+Manner+Restrictions

https://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D10/safety/Documents/Pedestrian_Laws.pdf

 

Sounds like all those who "peacefully protested" in the middle of 75 last night were actually breaking the law.

 

4511.051 Pedestrians Prohibited on Freeways

No pedestrian is permitted within the limits of the

right of way of a freeway, except: within a rest ar

ea,

in the performance of public works, or as a result

of

an emergency or a breakdown of a motor vehicle.

So are you going to explain why you view following traffic laws is similar to looting? I am very interested in your explanation, because I can honestly not figure out the connection between the two.

I love ya man, but the Constitution is anything buy an outdated piece of crap. Check out all other countries and their constitutions. You'll have much more respect for ours. As for being an idiot and protesting on a freeway, there is a "Time,Place,Manner" restriction to free speech. The middle of the interstate doesn't fit in that category.

 

Time, Place, and Manner Restrictions legal definition of Time, Place, and Manner Restrictions

 

 

Just exercising what the first amendment says. Nowhere in the first amendment does it say, "except on the interstate".

So are you going to explain why you view following traffic laws is similar to looting? I am very interested in your explanation, because I can honestly not figure out the connection between the two.

 

 

Since when is running over people that are peacefully protesting that are in your way allowed by the law? That is what I am comparing to the looting mindset.

So you're in favor of breaking the law in favor of a protest?

Because they are protesting in an area that is unlawful. How about the protesters go protest on train tracks. Lets see how that turns out.

It's not a peaceful protest when a law is being broken. Not sure why you're ignoring that point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.