Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protesters shutting down 1-75 in Cincy

Featured Replies

 

So you advocate running over other people with your car when they are blocking the road?

 

Did I say that?

  • Replies 212
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Just because those are your beliefs and opinions doesn't make the peaceful protestors wrong in what they are protesting. Despite what you are calling 'facts' others question those 'facts' and peacefully protest about it. They aren't winning anyone over with their peaceful protests.

 

You can peacefully protest against aliens for all I care. Just don't infringe upon my rights please. And fwiw I wouldn't run someone over unless I feared for my life.

Did I say that?

 

Then go back and read my first post instead of cherry picking what you want to respond to or not. My whole point was made in my first post on this topic. Which is...it is a looter mentality to want to run over people who(while they may be breaking the law) are peacefully protesting. Am I off base about constitution. Sure. Fine. I still think it is an outdated piece of crap but for the main point I am trying to drive home is that anyone who says "run them over" or "I hope those idiots get ran over" possesses the same mentality of Michael Brown's stepfather saying to "burn this place down."

 

That's really all I'm trying to say. People can't condemn one violent crime and advocate another.

  • Author
I believe it was last year that a guy was killed when someone barreled into his car that was stopped on 75 due to either a construction or accident delay. That was in broad daylight and construction signs and artemis warnings were up.
This one was recent, and at night

 

About 5 weeks ago. Bill Edwards.

 

"CINCINNATI -- Why did a well known civic leader walk in front of a cement truck on I-71 to his death?"

You can peacefully protest against aliens for all I care. Just don't infringe upon my rights please. And fwiw I wouldn't run someone over unless I feared for my life.

 

Understood. A lot of posts haven't seem to indicate the same sort of self defense. They seem to just want to see them ran over for being in the highway.

  • Author

First off, the U.S. Constitution is not a piece of crap!

 

I'm pretty sure they figured people would have at least some common sense, THAT is where tun went terribly wrong, having faith in people in the future, as everyday people proof that common sense isn't common anymore.

 

It would have been amazing if they would have mentioned except for "interstates/freeways/expressways", but I'm pretty sure they didn't foresee vehicles or high speed roadways.

I find the banter in this thread interesting. Some vaild points and some horrible attempts to make a point. Not shocked at many of the views that I'm reading.

  • Author

"Don't play in the street/road!" I'm sure most children hear that as soon as they start playing outside. A simple concept, and very good advice.

First off, the U.S. Constitution is not a piece of crap!

 

I'm pretty sure they figured people would have at least some common sense, THAT is where tun went terribly wrong, having faith in people in the future, as everyday people proof that common sense isn't common anymore.

 

It would have been amazing if they would have mentioned except for "interstates/freeways/expressways", but I'm pretty sure they didn't foresee vehicles or high speed roadways.

 

You saying "they didn't foresee" and "not an outdated piece of crap" is pretty interesting if I may say.

Understood. A lot of posts haven't seem to indicate the same sort of self defense. They seem to just want to see them ran over for being in the highway.

 

No one has said anything close to that.

 

Let's be clear, I'm not going to try to run anyone over. I'm going to do everything I can to avoid it. I'm also not going to just sit there in my car while people are acting like fools breaking the law. I'll slow down, I'll honk my horn, but I sure as hell am not sitting there for who knows how long while idiots run wild.

 

However, why should my rights as a law-abiding motorist be infringed upon by a bunch of idiots breaking the law? Why should I have to stop in the middle of the road, or potentially be late for appointments, etc., because a bunch of people want to act like idiots and break the law?

 

So no, I don't think anyone is advocating people running anyone over on purpose, however if someone does accidentally get ran over, I sure as hell ain't feeling bad for them. It's their own damn fault.

  • Author
You saying "they didn't foresee" and "not an outdated piece of crap" is pretty interesting if I may say.
I said "it's not a piece of crap". But thanks for attempting to add words to what I said.
That's really all I'm trying to say. People can't condemn one violent crime and advocate another.

 

Outside of in jest, I don't think anyone in this thread is seriously advocating running over the protestors, just saying if anyone does get run over, to a degree, they share some of the blame so they won't garner much sympathy. Kind of the mind set, when you play stupid games, sometimes you are going to win stupid prizes.

 

Something somewhat analogous would be when a home owner shoots a burgalar who is trying to flee the house. Because the burgalar was trying to flee, the law says you are no longer in danger and are not allowed to use deadly force and if you do, you will be charged with a crime. However, many people, including those in the jury box will probably not feel too sorry for the burgalar who to a degree brought this on himself and the prosecutor may decide to charge the homeowner with something less than 1st degree murder unlike someone who were to shoot a completely innocent victim.

 

Not the best analogy but hopefully gets the point accross.

You saying "they didn't foresee" and "not an outdated piece of crap" is pretty interesting if I may say.

 

I think most people would understand that even the best written and most up to date constitution will rely upon some common sense for interpretation, it cannot list every single exception. Even the writers of the constitution over 200 years would agree arresting protesters who are endangering drivers is not violating their rights, it is common sense.

 

Let's be clear, I'm not going to try to run anyone over. I'm going to do everything I can to avoid it. I'm also not going to just sit there in my car while people are acting like fools breaking the law. I'll slow down, I'll honk my horn, but I sure as hell am not sitting there for who knows how long while idiots run wild.

 

.

 

So they don't move out of the way for you. Now what?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.